Click Noise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Click Noise
I have another 306 Hdi in at the moment, 01 i think, it makes a strange click noise when the engine starts, and the same noise happens when it accelerates or slows down, or when moving between forward and reverse.
it sounds like the subframe is loose a noise a bolt would make if the threads were catching on a piece of metal, but after putting the car on the lift the subframe, wishbones and all other joints seem tight.

How common are loose engine mounts, it doesnt look too bad when the car starts up, but it defintatley makes the noise on startup. I have a video but its still uploading.
Thanks given by:
Top engine mount cups can crack, worth checking imo.
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2015, 11:22 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Top engine mount cups can crack, worth checking imo.

As Tom said above, thats the sort of noise mine made, but on mine luckily it was the mount that had cracked and not the mounting cup.

This is when i found mine:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=16356
Thanks given by:
Yup, knackered top mount.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I took the top mount off last night, got most of it off, but the bottom rubber bit is stuck in there, seems to be spinning around as if the captive nut is spinning, although it was one of them only times i used the lidl borescope for something i put it in and could see the threadded part of the mount isnt spinning when i turn it:
[Image: IMG_0862_zpsi8kn1kx2.jpg]
It is this part which is loose and just spinning, is there any way to get it?

Thats a picture from the borescope showing the threadded part below the mount:
[Image: IMG_0861_zpsc9ybeqnt.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If the captive nut has come free it may be possible to counter-hold it with a spanner, depends what your spanners are like. Failing that it'll have to be cut out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The bolt at the bottom of the mount was spinning inside the mount, a while with a crobar at the mount got it broken apart, the bolt itself came off reasonably easy, the body of the car is rust free and putting the new mount in sorted out the problem. thanks for your help.
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2015, 12:11 PM)Pug305 Wrote: The bolt at the bottom of the mount was spinning inside the mount, a while with a crobar at the mount got it broken apart, the bolt itself came off reasonably easy, the body of the car is rust free and putting the new mount in sorted out the problem. thanks for your help.

Thats good news that it's all sorted 
Thanks given by:
What spec mount did you buy? ECP or a genuine part?
Wondering how long my ECP part has lasted now, I have a similar clicking noise... it's 12 months old, could be dead already Sad
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2015, 08:44 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: What spec mount did you buy? ECP or a genuine part?
Wondering how long my ECP part has lasted now, I have a similar clicking noise... it's 12 months old, could be dead already Sad

When mine went i bought a cheapo motor factor part and it lasted less than a month, took it back got my money back and bought a genuine Pug one it was about 56 quid iirc be fine ever since.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metallic Click ct-hdi 5 1,012 01-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Toms306