How low on standard shocks?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How low on standard shocks?
The guy I bought my 306 dt from bought a set of lowering springs that he never got around to fitting so has offered them to me.
He thinks they are 50-60mm drop (he cant remember)

My question is, will these be OK on standard shocks?
Thanks given by:
It will put more stress on the shocks than standard ride height, obviously. But I doubt 60mm would kill them in any short amount of time. If they blew soon after fitting 60mm springs then imo they would have gone soon anyway.
Thanks given by:
BearBen has his HDI on 60mm springs on standard shocks and he must have had it like that for over a year now! You should be fine! Smile
Thanks given by:
Awesome. Some cars I've had people say not to go beyond a certain drop on standard shocks.

Does anyone have a pic of a 306 with a 60mm drop? I had a mk4 astra before on a 40mm drop that didn't notice that much unless it was by a standard height one...
Thanks given by:
Had mine down on 80/90mm springs for bout a year was fine Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
TheCrimson Wrote:Awesome. Some cars I've had people say not to go beyond a certain drop on standard shocks.

Does anyone have a pic of a 306 with a 60mm drop? I had a mk4 astra before on a 40mm drop that didn't notice that much unless it was by a standard height one...

Pic of mine on 60mm springs and HDi shocks..

[Image: _MG_8575.jpg]
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
They look a good height :-)

Cheers guys :-)
Thanks given by: