Marky Mark's Astor 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marky Mark's Astor 6
(13-03-2015, 08:27 PM)7057sam Wrote: What did you use to polish it with?? looks very dark,almost black which is weird

Yeah my beams had alot of upgrade but is seized and dreading the day we have to rebuild it lol

Some silver polish, gotta be the mood lighting in the front room:

[attachment=22225]
Thanks given by:
Gonna have to drop by, been meaning to... But have had my own little beast I've been sorting out [attachment=22226]
Thanks given by:
On my rallye I tryed alot to polish my cylinder head in match my cam covers,done by hand aswell would sit and do for a 1 so at the weekends 

You can also polish your top mounts aswell,they come up really well. 

[attachment=22229][attachment=22230]
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2015, 10:28 PM)PocketFighter Wrote: Gonna have to drop by, been meaning to... But have had my own little beast I've been sorting out

Nice..! Always kicked myself for not learning when I had the chance. Think it's outta the question now..too old! Blush

(16-03-2015, 10:45 PM)7057sam Wrote: On my rallye I tryed alot to polish my cylinder head in match my cam covers,done by hand aswell would sit and do for a 1 so at the weekends 

Looking good!
haha.. stop putting ideas in my head! :p
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 08:37 PM)mackat Wrote:
(16-03-2015, 10:28 PM)PocketFighter Wrote: Gonna have to drop by, been meaning to... But have had my own little beast I've been sorting out

Nice..! Always kicked myself for not learning when I had the chance. Think it's outta the question now..too old! Blush

(16-03-2015, 10:45 PM)7057sam Wrote: On my rallye I tryed alot to polish my cylinder head in match my cam covers,done by hand aswell would sit and do for a 1 so at the weekends 

Looking good!
haha.. stop putting ideas in my head! :p

Nice and easy though essentially a free mod Big Grin just lots of elbow grease 
Thanks given by:

Looking good!
haha.. stop putting ideas in my head! [emoji14]
Never too old mate, if you're about this Saturday I'll bring her over if you want to have a look at her! Or could bring the road bike if you want to have a spin lol
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 09:41 PM)PocketFighter Wrote:

Looking good!
haha.. stop putting ideas in my head! [emoji14]
Never too old mate, if you're about this Saturday I'll bring her over if you want to have a look at her! Or could bring the road bike if you want to have a spin lol

By the looks of things I'm working this Saturday Sad
but will be around on the Sunday if you wanna drop by.

Aha.. after a leisurely drive to Reading and back (plus a big thanks to Paul_13) picked up some yummy speedlines!
hehe...

[attachment=22272]
Thanks given by:
Looking goooooood!
Thanks given by:
hehe.. can't wait to the cars sitting on them properly Big Grin

Ohhh and the injectors are back, although not 100% sure about the caps, but i've now spoken with 3 companies about them and all have come back saying single holed caps.

The injectors have a fantastic spray patten with single caps, plus if they had dual holed caps which angle would they have to be aligned to as when I pulled them out of the TB they where pointing in all different directions?

Maybe I'm over thinking this?? Huh Huh 

[attachment=22273]
[attachment=22274]
Thanks given by:
They're not right! Every single 6 injector I've seen has a 2 hole caps
Thanks given by:
Speedline look lovely mate

How much you got to do before it's road worthy? ?
Thanks given by:
That's what i've seen too, but do people actually align them up when put back in? ..and if so which way do they position the V pattern?

I'm a slow coach with not enough time on my hands as I work alot.. The car has been sitting on the drive since 24th Dec, and the engine since end of Jan.
I have a couple of weeks off in May where by then I'd like to finish and have it running on the road properly.
Thanks given by:
[Image: r1fxnk.jpg]

I've been told the orientation doesn't matter. The correct caps look like that though.

Also, make sure the mating surfaces are absolutely squeaky clean and put the manifold back on with the correct torque as you can warp them and stop them sealing quite easily.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Thanks RetroPug - seems a little odd that the injectors caps don't need alinement. Wouldn't the fuel atomise at a different rate?

So finally managed to get some time off work with the weather on my side:

[attachment=22489]
[attachment=22490]

Old and new - Yay.. next part!
[attachment=22491]

Looks like i've got a small leak from the brake fluid res. Might have been caused by me moving the car around a lot, but there doesn't appear to be an O-ring or flange keeping the res snug - Should there be?

[attachment=22492]

Couple of rusty parts which will have to be replaced

[attachment=22493]
[attachment=22494]

Again shouldn't there be some sort of retainer or flange on the gear shift?

[attachment=22496]

Sooo much gunk on the wishbones

[attachment=22495]

Random question, how do you take this part off

[attachment=22497]

Annnnd last one, BUGGER!!!
Best way of getting a snapped screw out?

[attachment=22498]
Thanks given by:
Disc retaining screw, just drill/snap the head off and don't bother with them. They are only there to hold the disc on whilst you have the wheel off
The fake fuel filler cap, prise it off with a small flat head then there is a scre under there holding the cap on.
The gear shift ball joint is normal. The linkages hold it in place although you may want to replace the bronze bush the ball sits in. Remind me next week when I'm home and I'll find the correct dimensions for the new one for you Smile
Brake fluid leak, bet that's fresh from where you have knocked the MC. If it was old, the powder coating would of bubbled. Wouldn't worry but keep an eye on the levels when it's back on the road.
Don't worry about the rust on the subframe mounts. It's not going anywhere but if you want to tart them up, get the bolts soaking now as they do seize up!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thanks Niall - Hope you managed to have a good weeks sun by the pool!?!

It's bubbling slightly and when I cleaned it paint just wiped off - not the best of photos:

[attachment=22500]
[attachment=22499]

Not too much tarting up needed under the gunk, just a good-old wipe down with degreaser
Thanks given by:
ignore me, niall already replied....
Thanks given by:
The injector orientation doesn't matter as its not direct injection, the fuel is squirted towards the back of the valve and sucked into the cylinder when the valve opens.

As for the fake filler, the black strip comes off and its screwed underneath iirc, its the real filler you need to remove the liner for.
Thanks given by:
No worries Ben Wink

Thanks Tom!

Not much done today - tooo much chocolate munching!

Although quick question: what tool do people use to take the air-con piping off. By the looks of it, the spring needs to be pushed over the connector:

[attachment=22513]
Thanks given by:
Slow poke am I
Enjoying the sun too much while taking the loom and gearbox off

[attachment=22521]

Fair amount of carp on the gearbox, tried Gunk engine cleaner - but not rating it much

[attachment=22522]
[attachment=22523]
Thanks given by:
Another nice day and time to get my hands dirty!

I can confirm Gunk Ultra Degreaser is sh!t..!
Whole bottle and two jet washes later -->>

[attachment=22620]

Resorted to brake cleaner and a wire brush

[attachment=22621]

and to finish it off silver hammerite

[attachment=22622]
Thanks given by:
Looking good man. They are a bastard to clean up and believe me, do not stay clean for that long! lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(11-04-2015, 04:53 PM)Niall Wrote: Looking good man. They are a bastard to clean up and believe me, do not stay clean for that long! lol

Thanking you good sir! Wink

I'm knackered from cleaning it and have given up for the day. Tomorrow if the weather holds it's, cleaning the loom, engine bay and if i have time, trying to de-rust a couple of spots.
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 07:45 PM)mackat Wrote: Although quick question: what tool do people use to take the air-con piping off.

Hacksaw... Wink
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2015, 05:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 07:45 PM)mackat Wrote: Although quick question: what tool do people use to take the air-con piping off.

Hacksaw... Wink

NOOoooooo...! :p

Have decided to keep the aircon for the time being, and since everyone is taking them out of theirs I should be able to get the piping..
Thanks given by:
Its the piping that stops these systems from working. It rots where the brackets hold the pipes to the crossmember. You can however pick up brand new pipes on eBay for not a lot if you keep an eye out Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lol, you asked how other people remove them, not how they should be removed! Wink

As Niall says though, the pipes along the front crossmember tend to be damaged in one way or another, can almost guarantee you won't find a decent one 2nd hand...I haven't seen a good one at all for 5 years lol....that was about 10 306s ago...
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the feedback chaps Smile
Managed to clean up the loom and connectors, re-tape the ends too.

If I wanted to bin the aircon, is it just a case of pulling everything out, but can I leave the compressor connected up to the engine?
Also will I have any warning lights?
Thanks given by:
Yep rip all the pipework out, bin it and either leave the compressor on or fit a Rallye aux belt set up
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Mark's White Phase 1 XUD Project MarkHam 13 4,822 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post: anto
  Mark's smoothed 306 with added extras. Pompey306mark 468 225,131 16-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz