PH2 Alarm central locking issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH2 Alarm central locking issues
Hi guys.

Firstly let me apologise as I understand this may have been covered... However due to it being a specific situation I thought it may be best to post a new thread.

When I bought my ph2 6 the alarm randomly started going off when the car was turned off, it wouldn't start due to a poor connection. This turned out to be copper grease covering the positive terminal (it doesn't conduct electricity and was breaking the connection) so I cleaned it out and the alarm has never gone off since.

Secondly the central locking has never worked, neither has the driver's speaker, passenger's window or mirrors etc, which I knew was down to the door loom being broken.

So today I replaced the door loom. I spent a good few hours doing it with a multimeter to make sure it's all correct, all the pins were there and all used, I soldered them all correctly and heatshrinked so it's tidy.

I took the battery off before starting to ensure I didn't damage anything. When I was done I put it back on, closed all the doors and tried the locking. Still no central locking. The remote locking doesn't work as the batteries are dead (I presume, so bought some from ebay earlier), but it doesn't work from the key in the lock either. I then opened the door, no problems, put the key in the ignition and turned to 1st position, alarm started going off... Took the key out and locked the door, still went off, started the car, still continued going off.

At this point my neighbors were looking through their curtains so I popped the bonnet and disconnected the battery and waited for the alarm to shut the F up and die lol.

My questions are, whats the deal with the alarm!? Is it having a hissy because I removed the battery? How do I "reset" it?

Secondly what could be wrong with the central locking?

I had a quick look at fuses but it was cold and I was a little fed up.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Adam.
Thanks given by:
There is a way to turn off the alarm but when you disconnect the battery it will likely cause it to act up again. It's probably freaking out because since the central locking isn't working, it thinks you're breaking in.

I think the procedure was something like this:

1. Key in ignition, switch to first position.
2. Wait for the alarm to stfu
3. Press and hold the untrasonics button (right hand side of steering wheel column cover)
4. Release button as soon as hazards begin to flash on dash.

This will disable your alarm.

Others will be along shortly, and I'm sure this has all been discussed before so I'm everyone will help you get to the bottom of it Smile
Thanks given by: aaddzz123
"Loves his hairy pussy" haha.

Cheers for the reply dude. Quick update... I found a battery and got the fob working so came out this morning and put the battery back on, tried the button and the boot lock works. It locks and unlocks straight away. I presume it's because the doors aren't working what so ever. The alarm however didn't go off at all. Also not sure if it's the light on the cd player or the one under the vent that is related to the alarm? Either way the one on the radio pulses slowly and the one on the trim does nothing at all.

Where should I start with the doors not locking Or unlocking? And is the alarm actually doing anything or is it just there to have a mardy when thee battery is disconnected lol.

Cheers homies!
Thanks given by:
Another update lol!

I have now fixed the central locking and the alarm. It turned out that the locking mechanisms were unplugged. I guess the previous owner had the central locking opening again as soon as he locked it and either didn't want to cut the door loom apart or didn't know the problem and just unplugged the doors so that he could lock it... All sorted now Smile.
Thanks given by:
Well done buddy! Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,104 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,267 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,604 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306