Intake manifold hose size?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intake manifold hose size?
Hey all. Does anyone know what size that little rubber pipe is that goes between the turbo outlet pipe and the inlet elbow on the stock intake setup?

If I disturb it to try and fix the boost leak I have I would probably replace it and the jubilee clamps as well to make sure it doesn't leak again haha.
Thanks given by:
41mm iirc. Someone will be along to confirm this. ASH on ebay sell a 40mm that will squeeze on.
Thanks given by:
Aren't you going front mount soon? Just do it then, save the effort imo.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just to be sure im on about the rubber hose on the left of this image Smile

[Image: %24_57.JPG]

Thanks Shervo as well Smile 
Thanks given by:
Oh I was on about the one on the turbo side. I have my old inlet elbow at my unit ill check what size it is tomorrow for you. But as said probably better of waiting till you go front mount haha.
Thanks given by:
Yeah but that will probably be a while now :/ got a lot of expenses so I just want it to be a nice reliable stage 1 for a bit first Smile want it running as sweet as possible Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 09:10 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Yeah but that will probably be a while now :/ got a lot of expenses so I just want it to be a nice reliable stage 1 for a bit first Smile want it running as sweet as possible Smile
Just measured the small silicone coming of the original inlet elbow and its 57mm ID. That then feeds down a plastic pipe to the turbo which has a 41mm ID silicone.
Thanks given by: JTaylor2005
Okie dokie nice one cheers Smile so on a 57 ID pipe im probably looking about 63mm OD ish?

How long would you say the 57mm hose bit is? Ebay has one thats 4" long but not sure if that would be long enough.

Cheers for the help mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Silicone will be listed in id, hard pipes in od. I think ebay also stocks rulers and calipers. Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah as said silicone will be listed in ID size so just use the sizes I said. Also at a guess I would say they are each 60mm long but I can check tomorrow if you need to know.
Thanks given by:
This should do then Big Grin http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/111525326610?nav...0516442956
Thanks given by:
Yeah 4'' of each size is plenty enough. Good luck with changing them there abit fiddly to remove especially when the jubilee clips are always positioned the wrong way haha.
Thanks given by:
I am only doing the top one when I put a new gasket in the elbow. I can feel the top jubilee clip already on that one so once thats off the elbow can come off and then the silicon hose as well Smile will put it on with new clamps and fit the elbow back on Big Grin
Thanks given by:
oh lucky you then haha. If you change the jubilee clips get some genuine stainless Jubilee clips, they're way better than the generic 'hose clips'.
Thanks given by:
Anyone got a photo of the gaaket that goes between the elbow and the manifold?
Also where the egr joins the intake now I have a blank do I need a gasket both sides of the blanking plate?
Thanks given by:
Havent got a photo but its basically an oval shaped gasket. I just used the oval shaped gasket, the egr metal gasket blank plate and a smear of instant gasket on both sides of everything and mine has never leaked again since.
Thanks given by:
Haha cheers Big Grin I will get my self down peugeot and see what I can get Smile haha
Thanks given by:
Yeah I think the gakset is only like 49p some people use 2 but IMO one is sufficient.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rad hose o ring size phase 3 Paul_13 1 1,021 16-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  Removing the intake manifold? JTaylor2005 20 1,849 26-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Intake manifold options on a HDI? JTaylor2005 14 1,874 10-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Poodle