9-5 Aero vs V50 T5 AWD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-5 Aero vs V50 T5 AWD
(02-03-2015, 12:02 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(02-03-2015, 11:20 AM)Anton Wrote: As above, yes, yes they do lol. The V50 is the same

The ESP doesn't like it much unsurprisingly, I wouldn't say it'll hold DK/205gti levels of sideways, especially the ones with DSTC which has yaw sensors to detect such shenanigans... But needless to say, a slight lift will allow it to neutralise mid corner...

I could quite literally throw it into corner full tilt, flat to the floor and the dots light would flash, it would think about it, and then swan around the corn with a little tyresqueel in the v50. Mine was fwd, D5' se sport.

It is a monster. In every respect. The dtsc didn't seem invasive, but wouldn't let me do a handbrake turn onwet grass so it's good.. 

If turned off though, it was a different animal, although not completely off
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Just don't like the 9-3 to be perfectly honest, it's not very saab-y, seems quite GM influenced. Also, the 9-3 V6 aeros are more expensive, are they not?

I'm mostly buying stuff because it's cool/I like it, rather than having a particular vehicle body style/segment in mind. I just like estates, and saloons just seem a bit pointless.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
The 9-3 is an estate? Its about £3000 for the aero.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2015, 11:19 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Also from a driving point of view I've been told the saab is more likely to understeer whereas from personal experience the C30 and focus in FWD form both lift off oversteer making it more 306 like to drive.

Yeah but the DTSC on the volvo really kills anything like fun happening. They cook rear brakes on track too Smile
Way off on the 9-5 - ours goes sideways very nicely. Runs quite a lot of negative rear camber and can be easily provoked into lift off oversteer.

If it was me i'd be buying a Focus ST instead tbh. Actually i'd be buying an E39 540 MSport manual touring... the 9-5 is my missus car Wink
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
I don't want an ST, I'm not a yobbo!

I'm now the proud owner of a 2005 Volvo V50 T5 AWD, which will be patiently waiting in the chaps garage until I'm ready for it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Good man!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
There aren't many left:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=V50+AWD
Thanks given by:
Good man. Really not many at all, almost as rare as a black rallye.
Thanks given by:
That was a quick decision, nice one! Smile

I would like an ST though, have done since seeing one new in 2006, would have to be orange as well.... Clearly I am a yobo. lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost Aero R Letter Eeyore 18 3,271 28-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Last Post: procta