A change of direction, but she'll live on.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A change of direction, but she'll live on.
Well, I've been thinking about what's next for the 306 for a good long while now and it seems I've made up my mind.

I've been putting off a fair few niggly jobs that simply wouldn't have been worth doing as they wouldn't have added enough value to pay for themselves if I sold the car. As such, she's feeling a bit sorry for herself, the ream beam is starting to look fairly cambered, and a bit lower than it used to be, so that'll need replacing. There's still a mysterious creak from the front I'm yet to diagnose. I need to actually replace the airbag ECU and get rid of the bodge solution to the airbag light. I need to give it a service. There are a couple other things, but you get the picture. It wasn't looking great for the old girl, and I've been looking at a few potential cars to fill the gap (mostly turbo, petrol, 200bhp+).

Then, a lifeline! My girlfriend has been thinking about learning to drive for a while now, and is finally going to take the plunge. What better car then one I've been looking after for 5 years! It removes the inherent risk that is always there when you buy a used car, in terms of the vehicles history.

So, the old girl lives to fight another day, but in a different format, as she'll be going back to standard for insurance reasons, and to raise me some funds.

Speaking of which, if anyone has a set of HDi meridian spec shocks and springs then I'll have them off you, as I've still got the original beam that came off 4 years ago at about 85k in the garage back home, which will be going back on. My longlife full turbo back stainless exhaust with lifetime guarantee will also be up for swaps (plus cash my way, of course) for a stock system, among a few other bits.

So yeah, I came close to letting my faithful first steed go, but stopped just short, and it'll remain close by for a while yet, must be one of longest running forum cars now! Smile

Cheers 'en
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Glad you're keeping her man Smile
Thanks given by:
CSB  Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Good decision to keep her mate Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 08:19 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I need to actually replace the airbag ECU and get rid of the bodge solution to the airbag light.

hush your mouth it was no bodge it was a technical work round which has done you proud Smile

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 10:49 PM)cully Wrote: hush your mouth it was no bodge it was a technical work round which has done you proud Smile

Haha, absolutely, but it's not actually fixed the problem Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by: