darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
Pfggggggffffff. Effort. Kudos. Amazing stuff fella
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
This is cool stuff! Great work on having the car on the road again after all this time and good effort with the level of customization of both hard- and software.
Thanks given by:
wizardry as always!
Thanks given by:
I love the paint/wheel colour combo...Darren will have to be super alert when "making coal on his private road" around Lobbland.... Brilliant project!
Thanks given by:
Having a right farce at the moment getting another Common Rail feed pipe made up for this. I had it fail on me a few weeks ago, but getting another one made (its custom made due to location / distance away) is prooving to be tricky. Have got a few new leads, but also looking at making up dies etc to do ourselves, But as of right now the car is still just parked up in the workshop which is a shame as was hoping to get some miles on it to try and sort out niggles / find the faults that crop up etc.

However, I am still planning if all goes well, to bring it to Pugfest (no it wont be going up the hill on this suspension setup!) and then also FCS, but Pugfest is getting very close and this fuel line issue is prooving to be quite the hold up. But hopefully I can sort something out and bring it up for a weekend out!

Hopefully some better news soon!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Could you make up your own and use an olive if you cant sort out dies?
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2017, 01:01 AM)ConorTRG Wrote: Could you make up your own and use an olive if you cant sort out dies?

Pressures are far to high to be using olives etc. Need very thick wall stout pipe, and formed ends. The fuel pressure is over 2000bar! Not something to take lightly as can cause serious harm to you / the car in the event of failure at that pressure!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Not something a hydraulic or Motorsport place can sort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2017, 07:33 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Not something a hydraulic or Motorsport place can sort?

Seemingly not...From the ones I have been to so far anyway! Half the problem is people do have the pipe, and some even have the formers etc, but dont want to put there name to the job, incase of failure etc, considering its obviously a non  OEM part.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Try http://www.jlsmotorsport.com/

they do hoses up the shizzay for motrsport, and JLS the non motorsport bit do hydraulics - between them they should be able to help you
Thanks given by:
Some progress over the last few days, after a long battle as discussed in previous posts trying to get a line made up and swaged here in the UK I eventually gave up and bought some pre made made lines from China (sorry!) Ordered up several different pre cut lengths, and fittings, and also some "flexi" lines to use on the flow bench, an upcoming project, and also as a "carry in the boot" backup for the car!

[Image: DSC_2014]

So once I had the new fittings in my hand, I plumbed up the high pressure side once again, all in steel, and also bent up a flexi line so as to be a "drop in" replacement at the side of the road in a worst case! Good news is all fitted well, and so far seems to be working just fine, no leaks / problems to report. Have also fitted some rubber dampness to the line with thought to reduce the harmonics on the line somewhat.

[Image: DSC_2011.JPG]

Have also raised the rear beam by 20mm on the rear as was finding under high suspension load the tyres were scrubbing the bumper, which isn't what we want, so sacrificed some of the cars "stance" to fix this, was never built to look good anyway!!

[Image: DSC_2016.JPG]

I are looking set to make the run up to Pugfest next weekend as long as I don't have any disasters on the way there! Looking forward to being able to come in this car again after 5-6 years without it! 

Thanks for looking as always Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
gutted im not going to pugfest. Really want to see it go up the hill!
Thanks given by:
Holy thread revival?

3 years since a post.....

Nothing exciting to report but thought id at least update this thread with some photos from the eurotrip a couple years ago.. (pre covid!!) 

Havent been on here in a long while, but just a post to say the green machine is still alive and kicking!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by: bixigu
Great to see such a legend make a return to the site! Good to know you still have the 306, and to me reminded of a time when trips abroad were possible and enjoyable! Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
Extremely happy to see this old gal's still going [emoji869][emoji869][emoji869]

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Big fan of that car. Looks like you've put so much work into it. Good to see you're popping back onto her occasionally! Big Grin Great colour scheme and wheels as well!
Thanks given by:
Such an epic car !

Thanks given by:
2022!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Blimey, there's a blast from the past. Still own your 306 Darren or have you moved on?
Thanks given by:
Very much still own it, has been on the back burner for far to many years now, however with recent developments, I hope to be getting back to it some time very soon Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,134 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave