• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
Love it!
Thanks given by:
You just keep coming up trumps bud

Looks fablouissiousso! Just awesome and so appropriate
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Been following your progress on you tube. Love the colour combo with those wheels. 
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
Fabulous mate, cant wait to see it in the flesh again.
Thanks given by:
Looks reet good Smile
Thanks given by:
For you the colour scheme works but wouldn't have picked it out myself. Think it's more the wheel colour that is putting me off

Still looks like a fantastic job on the painting though and if you change your mind you can always paint it again now you have the equipment/knowledge
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Wow looks great! tight fitment on the back?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That looks ideal!
Thanks given by:
Gert lush.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Haha, looks epic!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Looks epic, great work Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2015, 01:51 PM)306Dan Wrote: Just need to raise the rear to match the tractor theme

Hehe, If your referring to the weird stance, remember there is no engine or anything in the car, hence front end is silly high!

(31-03-2015, 03:50 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Love it! Defo would have gone for a full ph3 front end though, the ph3 bumper against ph1 lights/bonnet looks weird from the third pic up.

The front end is an ongoing issue...The problem is im a die hard ph1 man, and wont use anything but the ph1 bonnet / grill...but due to my intercooling arrangement, and the fact it could likely get even worse with the new build, I need the Ph3 bumper to fit it all in... It used to look ok, but I used to have angel eyes, I hate angel eyes, and would really prefer not to use them if I can, however stock ph1 lights just look lost / dont work at all...Crystals would look great but wont fit with my ph1 bonnet without bodywork etc, and I dont want to do anymore of that!

What I really need is some creative person to build me some crystals using the single piece plastic front of a ph1 angel eyes set, so basically a set of ph1 crystals, but I had a look at this / requires a bit more time / effort than I have to spare really just to make lights fit... Open to ideas though as im not happy with front end at all....

(31-03-2015, 06:34 PM)lolsteve Wrote: For you the colour scheme works but wouldn't have picked it out myself. Think it's more the wheel colour that is putting me off

Still looks like a fantastic job on the painting though and if you change your mind you can always paint it again now you have the equipment/knowledge

The wheels are getting re painted anyway due to some epic failing, however staying yellow for time being, although a more yellow yellow as his choice of yellow was wrong....but wheels can always change in the future, its just sticking with project JD theme for time being!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
looks more like a car now Darren! what is missing that you need to buy for it?
Thanks given by:
So you need ph3 crystals put inside ph1 angel eyes?

I'm happy to try and make them work buddy, I feel bad for not being closer and being able to lend a hand in person.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well I like the look of crystals, but of course they follow a different bonnet contour line on the ph2/3 than phase 1, so they dont fit, well they fit, but leave a gash gap...which looks even more silly than ph1 lights... But of course all stock ph1 lights are individual indicator / headlamps...

However the aftermarket angel eyes etc for a ph1 use a crystal like design with single plastic front..however have the tragic angel eyes / leds and crap behind them, which I have never been a huge fan of tbh, but just used on my last car due to being very shallow to allow room for supercharger charge pipes!

Its just looking like a right mince to try and retrofit one out of the two...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
No chance of reconfiguring the intercooler to fit behind the phase 1 bumper?
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2015, 10:01 PM)anto Wrote: No chance of reconfiguring the intercooler to fit behind the phase 1 bumper?

In short, no.... 

And in long...I REALLY dont want to have to paint anything else heh! I'm deffo done with painting things for this year!!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
This has come out looking so good, I love it
Can't wait for the rest of the rebuild!
Thanks given by:
I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to split the lens off some cheap ph1 angle eyes then peel a standard set of ph1 twin optics and indicators, glue (and maybe bolt) the oem lights together and then seal on the clear angle eye lens.
Thanks given by:
Looking really good Darren, nice to see the wheels finally on the car.

1 thing on the car i wasnt to shore on was getting rid of the side trims but i think it looks pretty decent tbh.

As for the headlights i dunno, poss make some yellow masks or something on them lines?
Thanks given by:
Would Crystals and ph1 headlight eyebrows give the appearance that they fit?
Thanks given by:
Hm never been a fan of eyebrows either tbf...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Ok so a bit more on the headlight problem...

More just to ask of anyone elses thoughts really.. We have eyed up a Ph1 bumper again this evening, but its just not going to happen, the front of the bumper is almost where the back of mine is, getting everything to fit would just be impossible I think....so the ph3 bumper is going to have to stay...

So the options from what I can see are as follows:

1 - Brand new OEM ph1 lights with with/out side repeaters tinted orange

2 - Black angel eyes as I had before / as in sigi (Not a massive fan, and dont think they would work with green anyway?)

3 - Chrome angel eyes ( even LESS of a fan due to looking chavtastic on every car ive seen them on?)

4 - Morettes...Can get ph1 morettes, but then I have never been a fan of them either, so dont know if they would ever grow on me really..

5 - Build some form of custom light using a ph3 crystal back part, and angel eyes plastic lense, issue being, I think this would be ALOT of effort / likely look crap? And I also sold my old angel eyes, so dont even have some here to nick lenses from...

Here are some photos with some stock lights put in to get an idea...Just looks wrong imo...obviously missing I/C etc

[Image: IMG_20150408_193554.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150408_193558.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150408_193610.jpg]

And while we are updating Tom took some photos when he was here at the weekend, and his Win camera / l33t camera skills are far beyond any of mine so captured my efforts a little better, Cheers Tom!

[Image: 2.JPG]

[Image: 3.JPG]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Jd yellow morettes ?? Smile
Thanks given by:
Rear stance/fitment is epic, love it.

IMO you're either gonna have to go full ph3, or change the IC layout and fit a ph1 front bumper. This mix up just looks wrong & I think it's gonna ruin an awesome car.

I think with the colour scheme a ph3 front will suit better than the ph1.

Yellow masks would be great too!
Thanks given by:
Option 1 me thinks Smile ( with orange indicators)
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2015, 07:59 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Option 1 me thinks Smile ( with orange indicators)

agreed, chrome angel eyes were the worst thing I did on my phase 1, getting replacement LEDs for the ones I had were a nightmare!
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2015, 07:58 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Rear stance/fitment is epic, love it.

IMO you're either gonna have to go full ph3, or change the IC layout and fit a ph1 front bumper. This mix up just looks wrong & I think it's gonna ruin an awesome car.

I think with the colour scheme a ph3 front will suit better than the ph1.

Yellow masks would be great too!

Crystals do look far more at home, but obviously would have to say good bye to ph1 grill / bonnet, which I really dont want to do, as I love them, and I also refuse to paint any more parts!!

Would you say the mix up looks wrong before? As in in my sigi picture..as its the same arrangement ive always had...and I always thought it looked ok before, I just really dont want to use a ph3 bonnet / grill, I dont like them at all, hmmm, Ive looked and looked at a ph1 setup, but I cant see it working, the issue is with my plans I need more space, not less, and space was at a premium before!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
The previous set up looked great, but I think the dark colour helped along with black mask Angels.

IMO it's got to be either full ph1 or full ph3, either I'm sure would look great but for me it's ph3.
Thanks given by:
paint the black/chrome of angel eyes JD yellow.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,238 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave