306 Newbie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Newbie
Hey, I just bought a HDI recently and was just after some advice about the car, good/bad point mechanically, anything I should be aware of. I have a good idea of what I'm going to do to the car, starting with removing the awful wheels the car came with when I bought it. Any advice is welcome, thanks![attachment=21847]
Thanks given by:
Car is looking pretty good, no obvious damage but then it is just the one picture.

Glad you're removing the wheels as I think the 306 suits ones a bit smaller. Maybe some cyclones? How does the engine feel? Pulling strongly? I'm sure a few guys with a bit more diesel knowledge than me will be along shortly.

Welcome to the club Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah mate, only small damage to the driver side rear arch and some paint scuffing on the front bumper, pulling strong and yeah I've been looking at cyclones, thanks!
Thanks given by:
welcome mate, my first 306 was a hdi
Thanks given by:
Welcome looks in great condition

Got Any plans for it ?
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
welcome to the club my first 306 was a 1.4 lx iam now driving a 1.9 d turbo never owned an hdi probably never will but you never know

anyway good looking car hope there are less gremlins than there where lurking under mine
Old enough to know better
Young enough to do it anyway

wishes he had started a rescue project thread
Thanks given by:
Thanks lads! Plans for it as it stands, sort out the minor things which are bothering me such as the slight paintwork damage on the rear arch and stone chips in the front bumper, get those nasty wheels off, and stage 1! In the long run get it up to stage 2 but making sure the engine will comfortably handle it, new injectors fuel pump, exhaust, clutch that sort of thing. Oh and also give it a good service now haha
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate!
Nice car, get some cyclones with some good tyres and a stage 1 remap on for now, well worth it Smile
How many miles has it got on the clock?
Thanks given by:
150k and that's my plans! Cheers
Thanks given by:
Some progress on my car, very happy with the way it sits now, looks so much better
Thanks given by:
Black cyclones work, how much lower on the rear?

Welcome to the forum btw.
Thanks given by:
Welcome bud. Smile

Nice looking car you have there. Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome geezah,
Looks nice and very low on back Wink
You do get some troubles with hdi's at that mileage/age...speaking from experience, I would check aux belt, crankshaft pulleys, tensioners (both), consider the cam belt kit and water pump (if you haven't already) and just keep up with the servicing Big Grin Also all the running gear, like the drop links and 'p' bushes... yadda yadda yadda

other than those minor bits, they go forever LOL Wink See you around
Thanks given by:
Hello & welcome my friend
Thanks given by:
Haven't been on here in a while, thought I'd reply to a few comments and say thanks, yes it is very low on the back which I like very much and looks mint! Thank you for those things to look out for, sounds like usual crack then? And the wheels are Anthracite wrapped in proxes, very nice through corners!
Thanks given by:
Best thing for that colour is cyclones or vortexs imo and a wee bit lower. Welcome to the site but! I'm only new too it's pretty good for info
Thanks given by: