ECU help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECU help
I've bought a 1.9d turbo 306 and planning On putting it in my berlingo 1.9d 2003.
I face a problem the 1.9d turbo from the 306 doesn't have a ecu and mine does, is it going to be a straight fit without removing the ecu or is it not happening? Should I just use the 306 loom I have no idea what to do next.....
Thanks given by:
It's probably the semi-ecu controlled pump variety, you got them in some PSA cars.

It's fine to run the engine without the ECU, you just better double check the ECU doesn't do anything else on the car.
Thanks given by:
You will have to use the Berlin go ecu on the new engine to keep the van happy. because it will go in eco mod and half electrics won't work .The ecu/bsi has to see a crank signal 

I have done what you want to do to a 2003 van any questions just ask
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your help guys should being getting this in on Saturday finished stripping the cars down today just waiting for my friend to drop the engine crane off, just need to know how to wire up so the ecu can see cranking? Is it just the solinoid of the fuel pump straight to the ecu... Bbit confused on this bit just glad it's going to work Smile
Thanks given by:
There is a black squared 4 wire plug when all wired up turn ignition on and one will have 12v then nothing when it's off that's your wire
Thanks given by: