306 Hdi Intercooler fitment Q'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Hdi Intercooler fitment Q'
Hi guys just mid way through fitting another engine in my HDi and am fitting an Intercooler at the same time, I have all the pipe work and the 406 top elbow etc only thing Im struggling with is the lower pipe from the turbo, I got the 406 Hdi lower pipe but wasnt impressed with the way it fits, its hard against the sub frame just under the turbo and fouls the pas pipe next to the bell housing ?, From what Ive read the Citroen C5 lower pipe is the best to go for ? Does any one have the part no for this?

Thanks In advance

Tris
Thanks given by:
P/N: 0382.R9
Thats the one I used.
Thanks given by: Silverainbow
(24-02-2015, 09:44 PM)shervo Wrote: P/N: 0382.R9
Thats the one I used.

Cheers Shervo !!
Thanks given by:
The 406 one does fit ok. You need to shorten the section where it attaches to the turbo whilst still retaining the bead, plus 'relieve' the subframe next to the lower fork mount.
I imagine the PAS pipe issue is exactly the same with the c5 lower pipe.
Thanks given by:
As above, it's not exactly a clean fit however you do it. Downside of a big engine in these bays.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok guys thanks for the input, what's the "Best solution" I did consider fabricating something but would prefer an off the shelf item that will fit with a little modification

Thanks again

Tris
Thanks given by:
There are some pictures in the guide section that may help, but it's a matter of swings and roundabouts imo.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: