Berlingo to 306 1.9d turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo to 306 1.9d turbo
Hi everyone, I know its not a 306 Smile. I have a Citroen Berlingo 1.9d 2004 the engine is pretty knackered so I've purchased a 306 1.9d turbo which has been in a bump and not worth fixing. I figure I'm going to get this done by the weekend if everything goes to plan might posting alot on here for help. Im new to the french car scene so bare with me  Itwasntme
[Image: IMAG0804_zpsnwi9qrvg.jpg]

Current Engine

[Image: IMAG1001_zpswh75nlcu.jpg]

New Engine

[Image: IMAG0999_zpsgsmrto8r.jpg]

Stripped 306

[Image: IMAG1000_zpspypuwwrs.jpg]

Long term plans

-306 Alloys if they fit
-306 40-60mm lowering springs
-306 front seats if they fit
-Straight through exhaust
-Blow off valve
-Debadge grill and mesh it
-Tint the windows
-Side steps
-Hood grills if they look good

So I couldn't get a engine crane this week everyone let me down Sad so decided to get cleaning as after my oil cooler blow there was coolant mixed with oil every where

[Image: IMAG1008_zpsvd2xfqvy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
306 wheels and suspension will fit but the seats wont.
I done this on my old berlingo van, if your keeping the 1.9 td box you will need the clutch cable off the 306, also you will need to use the down pipe and middle section off the 306 too. its pretty easy to do, just slots straight in and all i done for wiring was joined the starter motor wire off the engine loom to the ignition wire on the chassis loom and away you go.

[Image: 20130812_201624_zpsoiiufpdq.jpg]
[Image: 20130812_201617_zpsivgds65v.jpg]
[Image: 20130825_125646_zpsttyiigql.jpg]
[Image: 20130825_132820_zps7p5yrojp.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds good, keep us updated. I'd suggest losing the blowoff valve though, pointless on a diesel and can be a bastard to get working properly as i understand it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks for your input bit gutted the seats won't fit Sad, glad someone has done it before think I'll be asking eddy for a lot help over the next few days lol. I wasn't sure on the blow off just love the sound of them, plus this is my first turbo Smile can't wait to get it in kind of scared putting such an engine in a berlingo thou

(24-02-2015, 11:30 AM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: 306 wheels and suspension will fit but the seats wont.
I done this on my old berlingo van, if your keeping the 1.9 td box you will need the clutch cable off the 306, also you will need to use the down pipe and middle section off the 306 too. its pretty easy to do, just slots straight in and all i done for wiring was joined the starter motor wire off the engine loom to the ignition wire on the chassis loom and away you go.

[Image: 20130812_201624_zpsoiiufpdq.jpg]
[Image: 20130812_201617_zpsivgds65v.jpg]
[Image: 20130825_125646_zpsttyiigql.jpg]
[Image: 20130825_132820_zps7p5yrojp.jpg]

This looks ace looking forward to getting it now my berlingo has a ecu built in did yours? Not sure how to go about this
Thanks given by:
Got some bits off the 306 of anyone needs anything rear bumper, rear boot lid, drivers front wing and drivers door but there's no glass in the door
Thanks given by:
No i didnt have the ecu. Not sure how yours will work then?
Thanks given by:
Lol neither do I, not sure whether I should fit it now you say that aha maybe. I'll try and sort it. Thinking of cutting the ecu wires and soldering them together
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14516
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 11:07 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14516

This tells me my account is suspended
Thanks given by:
Just found out its okay the ecu doesn't need removing but the temp gauge isn't going to work
Thanks given by:
You will need to change flywheel I modified a 206 180 one to fit because the standard Berlingo clutch won't take the power . also my engine mount wouldn't line up still doesn't has no bolt lol 

If you change the thermostat housing to the Berlingo one then the temp gauge will work you can plug it in
Thanks given by: joshed
That looks great thanks for your post will see how it goes when I install it was planning on using the gearbox of the 1.9d turbo will that be okay?
Thanks given by:
Yes the Berlingo box won't work because xud and the wd8 engines sit different wasted my time trying it you will need to use Berlingo flywheel or modify one  
Thanks given by:
So i can just fit the new engine straight out of the 306 with the gearbox on into the berlingo, is it best to just cut all all the wires of the 306 so when i come to plug everything in if the switch/ plug doesnt fit i can just rewire it straight up?
also did use the 306 radiator and fan or the berlingos?
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2015, 06:06 PM)joshed Wrote: So i can just fit the new engine straight out of the 306 with the gearbox on into the berlingo, is it best to just cut all all the wires of the 306 so when i come to plug everything in if the switch/ plug doesnt fit i can just rewire it straight up?
also did use the 306 radiator and fan or the berlingos?

What I used or modified was

Berlin go loom 
You need the inner part of the short drive shaft of 306
A modified 206 180 clutch had it sitting there but a hdi one might work this is needed to get eco mode off 
You will need to find a old pug box to get the push leaver from if you find a early shape Berlin go then the cable also 
You have options when power steering you could keep 306 set up personally hate the that tensioner so the Berlin go one can be modified to fit then all power steering pipes fit
Something I haven't Done and don't have a good temp signed becomes 306 sensor resistance is not same and thread different so need to change filter/thermostate housing 
Exhaust upgrade
Used 306 rad pipe and berlingo one joined them with pipe and used standard berlingo rad

Used as much berlingo as I could

That's what I can remember for now was planning to do mine over weekend ended up taking over week with all problems and difference I came across wish I had a list like this have fun lol
Thanks given by: joshed
Lol sounds complicated I'll sort what I can with what I've got, thank you so much
Thanks given by:
You have most the stuff just need a push clutch cable and lever from box you could use the your standard Berlin go clutch don't know how long it would last lol 

I have a other flywheel I could modify for you but no clutch 
Thanks given by:
So I couldn't get a engine crane this week everyone let me down Sad so decided to get cleaning as after my oil cooler blow there was coolant mixed with oil every where

[Image: IMAG1008_zpsvd2xfqvy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking about buying a van at the moment for work purposes and looking at this thread I'm really debating doing this myself!
Thanks given by:
You should great fun lol if you like wheel spinning
Thanks given by:
This has failed so far non of the mounts fit the wiring is an absolute ball ache Sad selling the engine for £70 if anyone wants it today as the cars are being scrapped tomorrow
Thanks given by:
Just swap the original mounts on and transplant the 306 loom over, surely? How much have you done so far?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No non of the mounts fit tried swapping them all over and everything the loom was easy just the mounts are about the 3 inchs out and if I move the engine over anymore it doesn't fit
Thanks given by:
It will fit I use mine everyday the engine one won't line up properly but other 2 do wiring easy use everything from dw8 

Use the dw8 gearbox mount and move the rear fork to other position on subframe
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,456 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013