1.9d turbo 306 engine swap to a berlingo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.9d turbo 306 engine swap to a berlingo
Hi everyone I've wanted to put something faster in my berlingo for a while and my engine is now pretty knackered, I've bought a 306 1.9d turbo r reg which has been in a crash and plan on putting The engine in my berlingo 1.9d 2004. I would use a berlingo forum but most of them are useless.

I don't know whether this engine is going to fit in my berlingo.... I have everything from a 306 I need to do the swap.

I've started stripping the 306 but can't find a ecu or any kind of transponder, thought it would be pretty simple engine loom and ecu from 306 into berlingo and put the engine in but I'm stuck on the ecu. Can anyone help please many thanks Josh.
Thanks given by:
1.9 doesn't run an ecu. Just one wire to the stop solenoid on the fuel pump. The engine and box will fit. Biggest issue you will run into I economy mode popping up on dash as the ecu that runs all the stuff in your berlingo won't receive a signal from engine telling it that its on
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: joshed
Okay that doesn't bother me to much once the engine is in I can sort something out, thank you for letting me know Smile any idea how the loom will be wired up from the 306 will I have to splice the wires going to the ecu
Thanks given by:
No idea to be honest. Use as much of the berlingo loom as possible id say
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Okay that's great thanks properly going to be posting back loads over the week as I fit it going to be getting a hoist during the week, appreciate your help Smile. Might make a build thread if people are interested
Thanks given by:
yeah stick a build thread up. that way if you have any questions or issues they can all be in one place with pictures and you are more likly to get the help you need.
Ive made now Ive never taken a good picture of my berlingo Sad. I want it to be in by sunday as i want my car back fingers crossed a few people can help me
Thanks given by:
I have done this in my 2003 Berlin go eco mod is easy just needs crank signal this also makes your rev counter work use all the Berlin go loom any questions just ask

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  N/A head on a Turbo engine=Bad idea or not? johnny625 3 1,618 19-11-2022, 05:44 PM
Last Post: johnny625
  engine swap dsm482 1 1,493 29-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Last Post: unclebeast
  Parts and Tools for Engine Swap? bigcheez2k3 9 2,691 19-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Toms306