"mint" and "very good condition" ...is it just me?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"mint" and "very good condition" ...is it just me?!
Is it only me that seems to find people describing things as mint...to find they are only "ok" condition and stuff they say is 'very good condition' as almost junk!?

Aaarrgghhhh  Nospeak

EG:
Lad on FB

Has some C2 15" steels which are mint with almost new bridgestone tyres.

Turns out they are 14" rusty steels with part worns on

and his reply to my question on truth...'what did you expect'?!

He then calls me a tw#t for wasting HIS time and blocks me on FB!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not just you...but its nothing new is it!?

Anything used is NEVER mint, at best its good condition but condition is really down to the person. Someones good condition I woud think of as fit for the bin. lol
Thanks given by:
What a bell end. Sadly this happens all the time. I'm not blaming 17 year olds but they don't understand the meaning of mint.

"That's mint innit mate" idiots
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
that's why I wont touch nothing from facebook!
Thanks given by:
Bought my engine off a guy via facebook but frosty on here knows him.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Its not the sales medium that's the issue, its people perception of condition lol.
Thanks given by:
ive had this problem with two sellers... When I said is there any lacquer peel they replied...

"Its a 306 mate not a f*cking bentley"

"If youre bothered just get it painted"

That is no way to sell a car!
Thanks given by:
wouldnt buy a car off people like that either
Thanks given by:
Glad I'm just a moody git then.

Mint to me is: like new/Refurbished
Very good condition: not new, but with only 1 or 2 very minor blemishes/issuee
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I drove all the way to birmginham to see a fiesta that was described as "immaculate bodywork" and had what looked like wheel kerb rash all down the door, a scratch down one side, a scuff on the bumper and small scratches all over. "good condition interior" wing mirror adjuster knobs snapped off and one not functioning at all, screwdriver marks all around the radio from bodged fitting, totally worn out steering wheel, mud all over the headliner etc.

The whole thing was dodgy and I'm not convinced it was his car to sell in the end but tbh just upon turning up and seeing this car was clearly used and abused when the words immaculate, perfeft and good condition were all in the advert I was already a bit pissed off.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Tbh I think the important thing to remember is ignore the bullshit in the ad and just look at the pictures to determine condition...no/crap pictures ask for more/better ones...

I know I'm fussy but I don't think I've ever seen a used car with bodywork in good condition! Can always things wrong but I just study the pictures beforehand so I know what to expect...
Thanks given by:
I just end the conversation if the seller sounds like an uneducated idiot etc. 

I also love the "completely standard, apart from (endless list of mods).." 
Thanks given by:
I went to see a speedboat which was supposedly mint condition. The trailer was rusty as, the electrics were bodged, it was left with the cover off, wooden frames were rotten, oil leaking from the engine. That was 10 hours of driving to go and see that!
Thanks given by:
I've got some C5 steels I'm thinking about selling. 3 are round, the other not entirely, although makes a decent hash of being circular if mounted on the back axle.

Wouldn't describe them as mint, more matt black than mint. Smell of tyres and mud too, again not mint.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2015, 09:08 PM)adam b Wrote: I've got some C5 steels I'm thinking about selling. 3 are round, the other not entirely, although makes a decent hash of being circular if mounted on the back axle.

Wouldn't describe them as mint, more matt black than mint. Smell of tyres and mud too, again not mint.

sounds like they are very good condition then...
Thanks given by:
I advertised the 190 as "no show car, but great condition for it's age and mileage", because for 22 years old and 135k it was very tidy Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2015, 09:10 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(23-02-2015, 09:08 PM)adam b Wrote: I've got some C5 steels I'm thinking about selling. 3 are round, the other not entirely, although makes a decent hash of being circular if mounted on the back axle.

sounds like they are very good condition then...

As new!
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
It drives me mad how people advertise saying there's a small dent in the door, when you can clearly see it's so smashed in, it's beyond repair lol
Thanks given by:
Best bet is to go see one with a painstakingly recorded catalogue of faults as long as your arm, you can usually guarantee the seller is just a bit of a hypochondriac and the car itself is actually fine. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-02-2015, 07:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Tbh I think the important thing to remember is ignore the bullshit in the ad and just look at the pictures to determine condition...no/crap pictures ask for more/better ones...  

I know I'm fussy but I don't think I've ever seen a used car with bodywork in good condition!  Can always things wrong but I just study the pictures beforehand so I know what to expect...

That's the thing though, take pictures from just the right angle and have a freshly washed car and it can look pretty good in the photos.
I couldn't see any of these defects in the pictures.

Advert said FSH as well which failed to materialise.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I can vouch for this.

Went to view a black 3 door 306 HDI DTurbo the other day (that was on FB), ended up offering him £200 for it and then changed my mind before he accepted.

F**ked doesn't cut it.

They're opinion was "lovely motor, just needs some TLC".

It needed:
- Front bumper
- Wing mirror
- Fog light
- Bootlid
- Alloys refurb
- Tyres all round
- Tracking
- Not many dials worked
- Rocker leaking
- Injectors leaking
- Clutch non existant
- Drivers seat completely torn down oneside (scrap)
- Key mark down one side
- Roof scratched up
- Dent in rear quater
- Central locking didn't work
- Passenger window didn't work
- Rust in engine bay
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Their normal justification is "it's an old car, it's not going to be perfect" or it didn't bother them so they didn't bother mentioning the issues
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2015, 10:06 PM)Poodle Wrote: Best bet is to go see one with a painstakingly recorded catalogue of faults as long as your arm, you can usually guarantee the seller is just a bit of a hypochondriac and the car itself is actually fine. lol

You'd think so, but from experience most people avoid honest ads! Fill one with bullshit and you end up with loads of offers and viewing enquiries!
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 09:09 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: Their normal justification is "it's an old car, it's not going to be perfect" or it didn't bother them so they didn't bother mentioning the issues

exactly this.... they just forget that the buyer has the money... people are crap.
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 10:13 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(24-02-2015, 09:09 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: Their normal justification is "it's an old car, it's not going to be perfect" or it didn't bother them so they didn't bother mentioning the issues

exactly this.... they just forget that the buyer has the money... people are crap.

...or most people selling them just used them as a cheap workhorse/runaround and don't give a shit what they look like so assume no-one else does.
Thanks given by:
The same people that come out with the "old car, what do you expect" don't much like it when you offer them an 'old knackered car' price.

If your car is basically scrap then expect basically scrap value for it.
Thanks given by:
Yes!
That exactly.
"its an old car, what do you expect"...
Well ok, "heres an offer of half what your asking"
Their reply "tw@t, dont waste my time"
My reply "its an old knackered car, what did you expect?"
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Went to view a Civic once before the ZR , looked alright in the photos and was £500.
Phoned guy up to book viewing all okay
He phoned back up a couple of minutes later to say "oh I forget to mention there's one or two minor bits with the bodywork"
Fine I thought, it's old and cheap shouldn't be that bad

Rear quarters had been kicked in, 2 of the tyres had been slashed but not enough to make them flat, the rear bumper had about an inch of panel gap, door cards were broken inside so the fabric was holding the plastic in place and someone had put some kind of shift light in the dash by drilling a hole with a kitchen knife.
I said to the guy "so who did the owner piss off then as it looks like its been attacked"
"na mate it was just some old guy driver so he probably hit the kerb a few times"

B
U
L
L
S
H
I
T
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
i hate people. Just who do these people even think they are? Do they think they are pulling the wool over our eyes? is it a game to them? do they genuinely think its all okay? The mind boggles...
Thanks given by:
They assume everyone is as stupid as they are, so won't notice or won't care how f*cked the car really is.

In reality, even if it's a couple of hundred quid you won't get many people to open up their wallet if it looks like it's been dragged out of a scrap yard.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What car with good mpg would be good for gravel roads? Amandaholo 21 6,618 28-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ash240970