Twin turbo high pressure oil feed setup.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twin turbo high pressure oil feed setup.
So,  I'm toying with the idea of a compound charged setup in my 205 build.  Does anyone have any pics of how they sorted the high pressure oil feed for both turbos?  I know Darrenlobb obviously went the multi blower route and others on here have aswell so does anyone have any pics or ideas or issues I might face.  
My general idea is to tee off from the regular high pressure feed on the back of the block.  My brother handily has access to milling machines and lathes so I'm thinking of getting him to machine an adaptor I can thread two braided high pressure lines into and then obviously thread the adaptor into the block.  
Anyone pics/ideas/advice.  Mucho appreciado!  Smile
Thanks given by:
I bunged the oil feed on the back of the block (NAD bung or stock oil pressure sensor same thread) and just used a filter sandwich plate and made up my own lines, just so its easy to access / keep pipes away from the already tight rear end of the motor.

Just be aware if you do that to make sure you fit inline filters on the oil feeds as they will be pre filter else.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply Darren, I am pleased that worked for you, as I had that idea aswell from fitting sensors in a sandwich plate of my MX5 track car build. But like you said, it would need in-line filtered. What internal diameter of oil line and what blowers did you use on your set-up? Did you have any issues?
Thanks given by:
Paddy also done it this way mentioned by Darren.

It's the way I'd be doing it.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Two main things put me off, I'm running a big front mount on this build, as well as hopefully an alloy rad, so I'm limited in space unless I fit a shallower filter.
Also, I'd ultimately like to run an oil cooler behind the rad, which doesn't have any takeoffs for a high pressure feed :/
Thanks given by:
If you dont want to add to filter height then simply T'ing the stock outlet would be fine... Altho theres normally acres of room for filter stuff, I had two plates and stock filter and water / oil cooler, and still had clearance for filter?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Space between the block and radiator is much tighter on a 205 than a 306 though remember.

You can always use a Renault oil filter though to gain clearance, as they are much shorter than Peugeot ones but the same fitting.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Darren, you ran two sandwich plates?? I'll have to give it some thought. I'm aiming for super reliability with this build hence wanting to fit a cooler, I would like to use the car daily.
Thanks given by:
Doubt you'll get much reliability unless your doing forged rods, ARP's, the usual shiz.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2015, 12:40 PM)silverzx Wrote: Paddy also done it this way mentioned by Darren.

It's the way I'd be doing it.

[attachment=21790][attachment=21789]

Ye I done it the plate way was just hander lol plus was afraid that both turbos wouldn't get a nuf oil lol
Thanks given by:
Cool, did you run in-line filters Paddy?
I'm going with HDI rods, the engine I have also fully stripped and inspected, I won't be running mental boost, just enough with a nicely set-up bosch, 205 has a 900kg kerb weight so I just want enough to have a bit of fun really.
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2015, 03:10 PM)205dtub Wrote: Cool, did you run in-line filters Paddy?
I'm going with HDI rods, the engine I have also fully stripped and inspected, I won't be running mental boost, just enough with a nicely set-up bosch, 205 has a 900kg kerb weight so I just want enough to have a bit of fun really.

No I'm pretty rough that way so did not bother with filter lol my build cost next to nothing to do so if it f*cks Up not losing mutch like. ye I hdi rods in my last engine good job just don't push nearer 200bhp are boom lol check out my threads might help ya a little :-) any pics of the 205 yet
Thanks given by:
No point going with a twin setup though if your just gonna wind it all down. Might as well go decent sized VNT!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2015, 03:41 PM)silverzx Wrote: No point going with a twin setup though if your just gonna wind it all down. Might as well go decent sized VNT!

Good point there if u r not looking massive power then one decent turbo would be ok only reason why went twin is for looks more than anything else lol 
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2015, 03:41 PM)silverzx Wrote: No point going with a twin setup though if your just gonna wind it all down. Might as well go decent sized VNT!

Unless you're looking for efficiency.. Assuming you mean compound.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It's more of a want than an absolute necessity. I'm also easily tempted by the mental power side of things so who knows. Ideally forged rods will be present in the future but not on my current student budget.
Thanks given by:
Sorry my bad, didnt realise this was in a 205..epic fail..

In that case, yes, space is VERY tight for this, I did a 205 with a VNT once, and just adding one sandwhich plate gave stock clearance issues with stock filter.

Smaller filters are a bit gay imo, given you are effectively just reducing the capacity of the filter, so if nothing else should be changed more often, but less than ideal. Id probs just T the stock feed in that case for simplicity..likely the cheapest way to, and no filters needed etc..
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Sounds like the answer, yeah not a fan of the smaller filter for the same reason, I'd rather know the bearings and oil system are safe haha. Any ideas what sort of design would be good? I'll have to do some research on other cars with two compressors.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help repairing/replacing high pressure PAS pipe heyitsroth 2 1,425 03-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  Problem turbo pressure gt2056s niciou 6 2,939 30-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Last Post: niciou
  turbo oil feed pugtk 5 1,590 20-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Last Post: pugtk