Finally got a 306!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got a 306!
Big Grin 
Evening.
Picked up a 306 HDi today in silver. Looks great, I've hankered after one for years. My first car was a 309 diesel with 280K on the clock and was still running fine when I got rid of it. It was metallic gold and we used to herd shopping trolleys with it in the local supermarket. The 306 felt eerily similar. Like driving an old friend. It's a 1999 model with 160k on the clock. Really nice condition with only 1 advisory on the last MOT. COst me £450 so very happy. MAF def' needs replacing as I did the unplug check and it went up in power.
Do these engines also have an EGR as sure that will probably need cleaning or maybe blanking.

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
Have fun and welcome Smile
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Welcome. Smile

Got any other plans for it ?
Thanks given by:
Welcome along. Looks like a decent buy.

Yeah these engines do have EGR best to get it blanked off. You can get the blanking plates pretty cheap off ebay
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club! Yeh its got an EGR. can get blanks on ebay for cheap!
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2015, 06:01 PM)Herby7 Wrote: Welcome. Smile

Got any other plans for it ?

It was bought as a 2nd car/ cheap run about. So at the moment just make sure it's running nicely. Hence sorting new MAF, sort EGR and change all the filters/ fluids. Then change the belt/ water pump when the weather warms up!
DIY stage 1 looks interesting though if I get bored.
Thanks given by:
Smart motor! can't beat the meridian spec to be honest, so much comfort!
Thanks given by:
Welcome, Same colour as mine!
You will get bored of the standard power, well worth getting it remapped, I love mine when it runs well now! Big big difference.
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 10:47 AM)MY95 Wrote: Welcome, Same colour as mine!
You will get bored of the standard power, well worth getting it remapped, I love mine when it runs well now! Big big difference.

What also piqued my interest was the fact that one of the tuners reccomended lives in my town (Bristol).
Thanks given by:
welcome mate looks good cant help but notice another pug in the background is that one of yours as well??
Old enough to know better
Young enough to do it anyway

wishes he had started a rescue project thread
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 11:27 PM)sb194114 Wrote: welcome mate looks good cant help but notice another pug in the background is that one of yours as well??
No, just happened to be behind it in the car park.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks given by: