egr blanking?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
egr blanking?
Just bougt a blanking plate for my pug. Will I need to get a couple of gaskets from anywhere? Also can I unplug the egr valve as well? Might be pointless unplugging as well though haha
Thanks given by:
Theres a guide in the guide section on this most people block of the vac lines to the solenoids as unpluggimg logs a silent code. I used a new gasket for the inlet elbow and some instant gasket on the egr blank. Mines never leaked since.
Thanks given by:
Okie dokie awesome Smile cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
Well I split it open just wide enough to slid the blanking plate in (had open holes) I put a lot of instant gasket on both sides so hopefully there wont be any leaks. I then just clamped it back up nice as I had hardly disturbed the intake elbow gasket (or so he says) if it leaks it will just be sorted properly haha. If not then jackpot Tongue lol
Thanks given by:
I did that the first time and needless to say about 2 days later it started making a horrible boost leak noise and was covered in oily black stuff. Ended up taking it of and making a proper job of it (cleaning both sides and replacing inlet gasket)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EGR Blanking Esmyth124 1 876 05-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  egr blanking pug306driver 7 1,142 11-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  EGR blanking off? 306estate2.0HDi 20 2,462 07-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: tuttyboy84