Running Tempature

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running Tempature
Just out of curiosity, My car just got a new water pump and belt, system also flushed. I also replaced the thermostat. It runs now at 83C normal driving with the new thermostat but when I sit parked for 10 mins it rises to 90C. My old thermostat sits at 79 driving but rises to 85 - 90C when sitting for a bit also. I've heard others are sitting at 75C and going to 80 - 85 Max.  Is mine normal ? Ps my rad has a slight hole in the middle (New one on its way)

What does yours run at ? 
Thanks given by:
They all go up to 92 the back down when stood in traffic, mine runs at just under 80, have git a nice nissans alloy rad on her though.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
80 or just under is normal running temp sure the fans kick in at 95 but I might be wrong
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 09:56 PM)Dale Wrote: 80 or just under is normal running temp sure the fans kick in at 95 but I might be wrong
no it's not 95, 92 or 93 they kick in Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
TBH, all of the figures in this thread are well within normal running parameters. I wouldn't worry at all. Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
ok cheers lads
Thanks given by:
Lucky if mine even gets to 70 even when sitting in traffic in the 3 weeks I have owned it has gone above 70 twice
Old enough to know better
Young enough to do it anyway

wishes he had started a rescue project thread
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 04:11 PM)sb194114 Wrote: Lucky if mine even gets to 70 even when sitting in traffic in the 3 weeks I have owned it has gone above 70 twice
that means you need to change the thermostat then mate, have you bled your coolant properly yet btw?
Thanks given by:
My last one operated around 70ish, pretty sure the previous owner removed the thermostat for some reason.

Never bothered to check tho, always ran like a dream.
Thanks given by:
Matt I did so yesterday wasn't as hard as I thought running nicely now
Old enough to know better
Young enough to do it anyway

wishes he had started a rescue project thread
Thanks given by:
Got a new radiadtor in her last week. Runs at 79 with the old stat so gonna keep it on her. Rads leaking tho due to the silly clip at the bottom pipe so just gonna do away with it and join it with pipe and jublies Smile thanks lads for the replys
Thanks given by: