Bosal exhausts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosal exhausts
Hi,

I was wondering what you guys thought of Bosal exhausts?

I just collected two systems, one for my car (306 HDI hatchback) and the other for the 206 (HDI).

Basically I thought this manufacture made quality systems and I was under the impression they didn't use crush bends. On first impressions they ones I picked up from GSF don't look that great. I've got a feeling the welds will rot through before the pipes or boxes fail.

If I bought a mid section from the dealers for the 306 would they have crush bends?
Thanks given by:
I would imagine on a 90bhp diesel crush bends would be standard, not like its a performance motor! Surely you must've seen an original mid section on yours at some point?
Thanks given by:
Bosal are quality ones. We fit hundreds and I've never had one come back. They all have crush bends in. If you want a dealer bit expect to pay three to four times more. Bosal will be suffice.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 07:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I would imagine on a 90bhp diesel crush bends would be standard, not like its a performance motor! Surely you must've seen an original mid section on yours at some point?

Unfortunately I don't remember it. I remember the pipe on the cat cracked about two years after getting the car and I got my dad to weld it. I took the whole system off then but I don't remember what the bends were like.

I've seen there not crush bends on the Xsara HDI.

(16-02-2015, 07:52 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Bosal are quality ones. We fit hundreds and I've never had one come back. They all have crush bends in. If you want a dealer bit expect to pay three to four times more. Bosal will be suffice.

I thought I'd pay a little extra for Bosal. The same from the dealers would have been £200, centre and rear box.
Thanks given by:
Cracked cat at 2 years old? Surely that was still under warranty?

I really wouldn't worry about it though, doubt you'll even notice! Just out of interest, as you obviously planned on keeping the car a while, why did you never upgrade to a stainless system on the hatch?
Thanks given by:
I tried to argue the case but they said it was wear and tear.

I never really had the money to go stainless, I had thought about it wish I had done.

The original centre section lasted around 5 years (150k ish) and the back box lasted 8 (200k ish), not bad really considering the miles they did.

Any idea on how much a stainless system costs? I have just this minute asked Longlife for a quote for a system.
Thanks given by:
I'd wait for a second hand stainless one, much cheaper that way.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Good idea, I'll stick it in a saved watch list on ebay.
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 08:07 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:
(16-02-2015, 07:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I would imagine on a 90bhp diesel crush bends would be standard, not like its a performance motor!  Surely you must've seen an original mid section on yours at some point?

Unfortunately I don't remember it. I remember the pipe on the cat cracked about two years after getting the car and I got my dad to weld it. I took the whole system off then but I don't remember what the bends were like.

I've seen there not crush bends on the Xsara HDI.

[quote pid='514884' dateline='1424116366']

The original HDI exhaust doesn't have crush bends as mines still got the original one on so unless you get raped from pug then pattern ones will have crush bends.

[/quote]
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 08:50 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: I tried to argue the case but they said it was wear and tear.

I never really had the money to go stainless, I had thought about it wish I had done.

The original centre section lasted around 5 years (150k ish) and the back box lasted 8 (200k ish), not bad really considering the miles they did.

Any idea on how much a stainless system costs? I have just this minute asked Longlife for a quote for a system.

Ah I see, not great then.

The stainless system on the GTi6 cost about £700 in 2006! Confused But I've never paid more than £100 a used one. Can pick up a nice stainless backbox for ~£50 these days.
Thanks given by:
Can't speak for 306 but I've used numerous Bosal systems on 205/309's.

They're certainly one of the better pattern systems out there and my first choice if I can't get a sensibly priced Ecia (OE) ever since Arvin went downhill a few years back. The welds on the Bosal's will rust on them prematurely, but I don't think I've actually had one fail at the weld even after a few winters use.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by: