Hello everyone!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone!
Hi all,

Hoping this place will be able to help me learn a new model to me, I've been a Volvo person for a while and in the day since acquiring a 306 I've found that they seem to do things a bit different! Anyway, threads are pointless without pictures so here's one from yesterday Smile

[Image: image_zps30623cd8.jpg]

Towcar is my '89 740 GL fitted with the 2.4td and five speed from a later 940, car on the trailer is to be my girlfriends first car. The 306 is a '96 in an N, 150000 mile XRDT. Paid a little more than we should have possibly but it's in good nick and the guy was really sad to see it go having owned it from 1997!  

Anyway, that's me, my names Richard, I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you Smile

Rich
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! You'll find both 306 and volvo lovers on here, so I'm sure you'll fit in without too much issue. Wink

Seems a nice little purchase for your better half, can't really go wrong with a dt for a first car!

Get yourself a project thread set up, and let us know what sort of issues your having with the car (it's French, there must be SOME issues! lol ), I've no doubt that we'll be able to help you out. You might even be lucky enough to have some members near you that would be willing to meet up and help you out in person! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Welcome Cool
Thanks given by:
thanks everyone, I'll definitely get a thread up and get asking some questions! Of course there are a few issues to be sorted but I've apparently got a little while to sort them all out before it goes for an MOT and she starts driving it. I've been given a list of things that must be sorted before then as well!

Richard
Thanks given by:
welcome mate when i had my first 306 my mate had same car he loved it sadly he dropped the pug torch and now has a bmw and a discovery
Old enough to know better
Young enough to do it anyway

wishes he had started a rescue project thread
Thanks given by:
Welcome!

I owned a Ford era v70 t5. Least said etc...
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 08:20 AM)adam b Wrote: Welcome!

I owned a Ford era v70 t5. Least said etc...

yeah, T5s are lovely, but unfortunately ford era not so. Mines from long before that and so are the others in the family Smile

Thanks for the welcome Smile

Rich
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club, you might be lucky and have a Bosch fuel pump on there already being on an N plate, easy to tune up and can run straight veg oil If you're so inclined Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 11:19 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Welcome to the club, you might be lucky and have a Bosch fuel pump on there already being on an N plate, easy to tune up and can run straight veg oil If you're so inclined Smile

Unfortunately no luck with the bosch pump, was hoping it would have seeing as that's what my 740 has, but alas, it's a lucas. Still, that will prevent me from sneakily turning it up and then getting worried phone calls about all the black smoke!

Richard
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome along, love the volvo barge, reminds me of my childhood and my parents cars.
Thanks given by: RAW
haha, cheers, it's alright for getting about in Smile earned it's keep at the weekend lugging the 306 back. only running standard boost still with a slightly modded pump and I never even had to drop it out of 5th to maintain 50 all the way Smile

Rich
Thanks given by: