Makes no sense!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Makes no sense!
(16-02-2015, 09:01 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: One of the guys at the garage bought it :/ he's doing an M3 engine conversion on it. On the plus side he knows someone who has 3 of them at a garage so he's going to let me know how much they are up for. 

I am considering a second car so my question is what would you guys say is a good second car under £1500 that will be fun to drive. Open to most cars to be honest. Not sure how I would work it insurance wise add a second car on my policy?

It almost certainly won't work and you'll probably have to do what I did and take out another policy with 0ncb.

Once both my cars come up for renewal at the same time I'll try getting a multicar. It is a huge ballache to add later though.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 10:13 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(16-02-2015, 09:01 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: One of the guys at the garage bought it :/ he's doing an M3 engine conversion on it. On the plus side he knows someone who has 3 of them at a garage so he's going to let me know how much they are up for. 

I am considering a second car so my question is what would you guys say is a good second car under £1500 that will be fun to drive. Open to most cars to be honest. Not sure how I would work it insurance wise add a second car on my policy?

It almost certainly won't work and you'll probably have to do what I did and take out another policy with 0ncb.

Once both my cars come up for renewal at the same time I'll try getting a multicar. It is a huge ballache to add later though.

Ah that's shit :/ wouldn't be worth it with the amount I'm already paying. Don't know if I can bring myself to replace the 306
Thanks given by:

second car policy with mirrored no claims is the best option for a second motor, with tpft cover with limited mileage.
All depends on what you like really, as you like the retro scene, so why not look into another retro motor.  
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 11:18 PM)procta Wrote:

second car policy with mirrored no claims is the best option for a second motor, with tpft cover with limited mileage.
All depends on what you like really, as you like the retro scene, so why not look into another retro motor.  

Yeah I would love a retro car eventually. To be honest I'm thinking after I get my first years NCB I might get a 6'. 

I do only around 8 miles 5 days a week to work and back. And 80miles to Gloucester and back once every two weeks so think I could manage to fuel a six.

Like people say on here you have to own a 6' at some point. 
Thanks given by:
ah well, you need to get some no claims under your belt, as that really has helped me with mine. The insurance gave me a quote on having the no claims bonus I have on the HDI, for the Rover. Which shaved off a fare whack.
Here is one thing, I forgot to mention too.
Before I build the red one into what it was, that car was a 1.4 16v, Which was a gta 16v, these had the same setup as gti, bar a few things missing. Any way I had toyed with the idea of putting it on the road as it was. I did an insurance quote on it, came to about 450 tpft, I cannot remember if the no claims was mirrored a cross. not sure if kris knott mirrored. Anyway, I thought ok what about If I got a quote with the full smash. So what I did was write everything down. Rang them back, They wouldn't entertain it, which is fare play.
rang brentacre gave them the full smash, and guess what, it was the same price, with what ever I had mirrored across from the 306. So I held off and built car up. As it made no difference standard or modded,
Even with the re body, they saw the replacement shell as a colour and reg change. They didn't care what the body was.
Thanks given by:

Told you where you can find another Smile
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 12:07 AM)procta Wrote: ah well, you need to get some no claims under your belt, as that really has helped me with mine. The insurance gave me a quote on having the no claims bonus I have on the HDI, for the Rover. Which shaved off a fare whack.
Before I build the red one into what it was, that car was a 1.4 16v, Which was a gta 16v, these had the same setup as gti, bar a few things missing. Any way I had toyed with the idea of putting it on the road as it was. I did an insurance quote on it, came to about 450 tpft, I cannot remember if the no claims was mirrored a cross. not sure if kris knott mirrored. Anyway, I thought ok what about If I got a quote with the full smash. So what I did was write everything down. Rang them back, They wouldn't entertain it, which is fare play.
rang brentacre gave them the full smash, and guess what, it was the same price, with what ever I had mirrored across from the 306. So I held off and built car up. As it made no difference standard or modded,
Even with the re body, they saw the replacement shell as a colour and reg change. They didn't care what the body was.

Yeah insurance is the biggest thing holding me back, I wouldn't be able to insure both unless it somehow became really cheap for me insure 2 cars. 

(17-02-2015, 01:22 AM)Sian Wrote:

Thank you Sian Smile if you could find out what he roughly wants for one and some pics that would be great, give me an idea of what they are going for 
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 08:21 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(17-02-2015, 12:07 AM)procta Wrote: ah well, you need to get some no claims under your belt, as that really has helped me with mine. The insurance gave me a quote on having the no claims bonus I have on the HDI, for the Rover. Which shaved off a fare whack.

Yeah insurance is the biggest thing holding me back, I wouldn't be able to insure both unless it somehow became really cheap for me insure 2 cars. 

Thank you Sian Smile if you could find out what he roughly wants for one and some pics that would be great, give me an idea of what they are going for 

Sure thing! Will see him Wednesday night so will message you over the details Smile
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 10:01 AM)Sian Wrote:
(17-02-2015, 08:21 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

Sure thing! Will see him Wednesday night so will message you over the details Smile

Thank you Smile at least I'll have an idea what they go for 
Thanks given by:
http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/1...mper-worcs

Get involved! Best colour too!

or an estate with full MOT for £700!! Absolute bargain.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/1...-full-bham
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 12:54 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/1...mper-worcs

Get involved! Best colour too!

or an estate with full MOT for £700!! Absolute bargain.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/1...-full-bham

Shit those are good deals Sad need to start saving. Seen this one today really clean inside had to park behind it haha

[attachment=21704]
Thanks given by:
Nathan, for god sake its a sign! go on buy one will you, keep it for a year, sort what it needs and get it insured! just change the track car for the Bmw.
Thanks given by:
I had a 1996 E36 316 Coupe, It was the biggest pile of junk, looked great but it went wrong so much, and parts were bloody expensive.

Sold it for my first 306.

I cant get the link to work but there is a BMW E30 on you tube with a toyota supra engine in it. Serious fun. I have seen a few E30s with Ford Cosworth engine conversions too.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
Do it. E30 with an E36 2.8, M50 inlet mani and remap.. will give you give or take 240hp and be an absolute animal for not a lot of money. The older BMW's aren't that hard to get LSD's for either as they came standard on certain ones.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
see Nathan, looks like the track car 106 should be changed into a bmw track car or retro project
Thanks given by:
It's killing me haha I need this car in my life. But can't insure my 306 as well 
Thanks given by:
Did you sort the oil issue on the 306?
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 03:33 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: It's killing me haha I need this car in my life. But can't insure my 306 as well 

just bin off the 106 idea and build the bmw.
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 03:37 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Did you sort the oil issue on the 306?

Hopefully once the expansion tank is changed it will be fixed 

(18-02-2015, 03:44 PM)procta Wrote:
(18-02-2015, 03:33 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: It's killing me haha I need this car in my life. But can't insure my 306 as well 

just bin off the 106 idea and build the bmw.

I'll do a few sessions first before I consider it. Always wanted a track car
Thanks given by:
Just use the 106 as a track car for 1-2 years until insurance isn't ridiculous, then get one of these as a 2nd car if you still really want one. They will still exist in 1-2 years!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 05:49 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Just use the 106 as a track car for 1-2 years until insurance isn't ridiculous, then get one of these as a 2nd car if you still really want one. They will still exist in 1-2 years!

only thing with that retro pug, is that the prices will go up, I have seen a couple of cars I used to follow, really jump up in value.  
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 07:56 PM)procta Wrote:
(18-02-2015, 05:49 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Just use the 106 as a track car for 1-2 years until insurance isn't ridiculous, then get one of these as a 2nd car if you still really want one. They will still exist in 1-2 years!

only thing with that retro pug, is that the prices will go up, I have seen a couple of cars I used to follow, really jump up in value.  

And insurance will decrease given that he's paying 2k plus for insurance if I remember correctly, especially if he waits until renewal and gets them both on a multicar.

The price won't shoot up by 1500 quid in a year for a 318i

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Yeah think that's the best option is to carry on with my current cars and see what happens in a year or two Smile
Thanks given by:
I gave you a text about price
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Really makes you think. .... Day666 19 3,528 21-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Scanner makes Chris306 5 1,525 30-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Chris306
  This makes me sad! underground375 9 2,087 06-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Wor Jimmy