Tyre Fitting Midlands

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyre Fitting Midlands
Does anyone have the ability to fit tyres and balance wheels in the midlands?  Wheels aren't cyclones so do have centres.
I'm located in Warwickshire.

Trying to avoid paying the standard £50-£70 to a local place which is a bit of a ripoff if the wheels are off the car already etc.

Still happy to pay for this service but would rather pay less and help another member out with some car/beer money at the same time if at all possible.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
If you can't find anyone try giving http://www.tyretraders.com/ a call. I use to get my tires fitted there that I ordered from somewhere else and I remember them to be cheap.
Thanks given by:
*edit didn't see you were hoping to give someone a wink and a nudge and some beer money Smile But yeah if you can't find that then >>

two places I would heartily recommend

Tyres R Us - they also do 4 wheel hunter laser alignment for silly cheap - £25?

http://tyresrus-birmingham.co.uk

or tyre traders - as above, had good dealings with them and they offer very competitive prices on tyres.
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 05:05 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: *edit didn't see you were hoping to give someone a wink and a nudge and some beer money Smile But yeah if you can't find that then >>

two places I would heartily recommend

Tyres R Us - they also do 4 wheel hunter laser alignment for silly cheap - £25?

http://tyresrus-birmingham.co.uk

or tyre traders - as above, had good dealings with them and they offer very competitive prices on tyres.

Have you used tyres r us for 4 wheel allignment? I need to get mine done
Thanks given by:
Yup I've used tyres r us for wheel alignment a few times - very very very knowledgable guys in thereSmile

Give them a ring to confirm pricing Smile
Thanks given by:
This is what they say on their site

"How much will it cost?

We charge a low fee of £15 for a first toe adjustment and £5 for each one after that. This includes a free computerised printout containing before and after figures and the manufacturer's setting so that you can be fully informed of what we have done. If your car is already correctly aligned then you will get the check completely free!"

Will call them and confirm 
Thanks given by:
Well yeah I just think that 50 pounds or more is a huge amount for not that much work.
I'm sure I've read people on here saying they've got the kit.

I'll look at your suggestions.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Crikey is it that bad up country? I know of multiples of guys down here that fit and balance for 5quid a wheel :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
See that I can live with. Wheels fitted and new valves and a bit of someone's time etc. for 20 pounds is reasonable.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 06:58 PM)RetroPug Wrote: See that I can live with. Wheels fitted and new valves and a bit of someone's time etc. for 20 pounds is reasonable.

I've never paid more than £20. Some backstreet places do balancing for £3 a wheel
Thanks given by:
Ok well I'll have a look around. I might have a contact through work to get them done for free but if that fails I'll look at some of the suggested ones.
Coming up your way just for swapping some tyres onto wheels off the car is a bit of a trek.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
£10 at least here but it is London so everything is expensive.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tyre Fitting Kezzieboy 9 1,705 06-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Kezzieboy