Insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance
Anyone on here got tescos box insurance? Its done by Insure The Box Limited, and a quick search and read thought there website goes like this... Premium fixed for the full policy year, no fines or curfews. Bonus miles if careful driving takes place over each month. To me that sounds like I can save large amounts of money, get a years no claims then go to a proper insurance after a years no claims? Anyone with them that doesn't necessarily drive carefully all of the time?
Thanks given by:
im not sure what youre asking... can you hoon with a box on?
Thanks given by:
This is no help but I find the very idea of box in my car judging my driving offensive
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2015, 09:00 PM)Eeyore Wrote: im not sure what youre asking... can you hoon with a box on?
Pretty much yeah [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] seen a few people on other forums saying that it doesn't effect them and they still get rewards and what not ahaha
(12-02-2015, 09:30 PM)Orta Wrote: This is no help but I find the very idea of box in my car judging my driving offensive
And yeah tbh I do, but for a grand cheaper and no negatives I can't miss that out!
Thanks given by:
I personally 100% object to blackbox insurance policies. I don't mind being tracked at work, my old council minibus was trackered and g-sensored, my current buses have 12 cctv cameras and live tracking via a app that even the public can track us so I'm under no illusion as to the amount of data these devices can gather....... but to have one in my own personal vehicle I find an absolute and massive invasion into my personal privacy. A car is about being independent, freedom, exploration. Theres more than enough speed cameras and whatnot for the govenment to screw you should you act like a idiot on the roads so why give a company even more data to claim a loophole in the event of a accident? Oh sorry blame-claim culture means theres no longer any such thing as a accident!
To get back on the road in my 306 after all my no-claims had expired and one accident on record was £3300 for the first year (TPFT), £980 for the second (FC), and £660 this year (FC). In my opinion swallow one bad year and then things get better.
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2015, 09:56 PM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: I personally 100% object to blackbox insurance policies. I don't mind being tracked at work, my old council minibus was trackered and g-sensored, my current buses have 12 cctv cameras and live tracking via a app that even the public can track us so I'm under no illusion as to the amount of data these devices can gather....... but to have one in my own personal vehicle I find an absolute and massive invasion into my personal privacy. A car is about being independent, freedom, exploration. Theres more than enough speed cameras and whatnot for the govenment to screw you should you act like a idiot on the roads so why give a company even more data to claim a loophole in the event of a accident? Oh sorry blame-claim culture means theres no longer any such thing as a accident!
To get back on the road in my 306 after all my no-claims had expired and one accident on record was £3300 for the first year (TPFT), £980 for the second (FC), and £660 this year (FC). In my opinion swallow one bad year and then things get better.
Yeah see that's my issue, I've sold the 306 was TPTF - £2700! Had a little bump so wasn't going to get any NCB this year. 306 wasn't worth repeating so I decided I'm going to get a modern(more expensive) car, works out stupidly cheaper on insurance fully comp with a box that just records my driving (I don't even drive out of the legal limits very often) as far as I can tell it won't fine me, cancel my insurance or anything other than lower my bonus mileage and possibly put my renewal up if I go with them for a second year which I won't be as I'll have a years NCB all being well.. Just wondered if anyone had first had experience of what it was like.
Thanks given by:
I cant help but wonder wether insurance companies would look less favourably on NCB earned via blackbox policies though. I'm past the worst of it now obviously, ironic thing is my accident never effected my NCB as it wasnt even on my policy, but doing the right thing I declared it and my own NCB had simply expired as for 2.5 years I was bringing the bus home and parking outside my house so didn't have the need for a car. My one bad year was a little over £440 deposit then 9 payments of £295 p/m, given my car was £300 it was like buying the car each month, and I must say maintainence that year was very very thinly spread. I have seen how newer more expensive cars can be cheaper but when youve got the bug for 306's nothing else will do!
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2015, 10:23 PM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: I cant help but wonder wether insurance companies would look less favourably on NCB earned via blackbox policies though. I'm past the worst of it now obviously, ironic thing is my accident never effected my NCB as it wasnt even on my policy, but doing the right thing I declared it and my own NCB had simply expired as for 2.5 years I was bringing the bus home and parking outside my house so didn't have the need for a car. My one bad year was a little over £440 deposit then 9 payments of £295 p/m, given my car was £300 it was like buying the car each month, and I must say maintainence that year was very very thinly spread. I have seen how newer more expensive cars can be cheaper but when youve got the bug for 306's nothing else will do!

yeah i was thinking that myself, but the money i save on having cheap insurance can go towards next year or mods, im only 18 so its never going to be cheap for me having points and a claim.... and yeah i can get a bigger engine and more power for less tax and cheaper insurance! i was thinking im going to miss the 306 but then i came across the idea of possibly buying one for a project when ive got some spare time and just whack it on temp over every now and again..
Thanks given by:
Temp cover invariably won't cover 306's anymore given even the latest registered models are over 10 years old by now. I must say though my gripes with insurance are exacerbated by the fact that I'm now only 2 weeks off 27yrs old and had that as a quote, given had previous insurance, with NCB, and professional licences and they still saw fit to charge me over £3k! Its a postcode lottery and a pure pisstake. The only thing keeping mine down now is my age and the fact I've owned my car for over 3yrs which apparently on the risk scale proves I care about the vehicle, and the fact I've not been stitched up recently as the innocent victim in a crash for cash scam as I previously had been.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't have box insurance if it halved my premium. I'm fully tracked at work with a black box fitted too and that doesn't bother me but it worries me in my own car. How much of a lady garden do you have to be to get it the insurance cancelled? Will they give data to the police? Is it clever enough to realise when your on a track day or otherwise off the road? What about people like ne who regularly lend their cars to other people, I bet you cant discount their mileage.
Thanks given by:
My mate at work raised a good point the other day. If you have that insurance and your a dick to the guys working on your car. Won't they just rag it up the road like a bellend
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Not if they're professional... lol

I'd never box insurance, get paranoid enough just passing cops cars and speed cameras even if I'm not doing anything wrong, wouldn't want that permenantly!

Also you get penalised for other inconsiderate lady gardens mistakes...when a bus pulls out on you and you have to brake hard you get marked down.
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 09:11 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: My mate at work raised a good point the other day. If you have that insurance and your a dick to the guys working on your car. Won't they just rag it up the road like a bellend
A mate of mine had one of these black box policys and whenever he took it to a garage he had to phone them and inform them that he wasn't the one driving/it was in for repair. Bit of a ball ache really.
Thanks given by:
I'm 18 aswell, been insured with tesco bank box for about 7 months. Having a black box isn't ideal, like it is a bit invasive as people have said but at this age its the only way to be properly covered for "sensible" money. I dont necessarily drive that strictly all the time, and I havent checked if I have any bonus miles but I'm not really fussed about them. Obviously if you get into a crash and its unsure who's at fault, you're insurer has quite a bit of data on how you were driving or reacted leading up to it. There's actually a safety thing to it though, if you somehow rolled the car or hit something bad enough its meant to alert the police to where you are
Thanks given by:
I have Tesco box insurance and have been with them for just over a year. They are good.  You get feedback based on your driving but they don’t penalise you if you go over the speed limit  or if someone suddenly pulls out in front of you and you suddenly break it won’t affect you much or not that i have noticed . The benefit i found was Tesco was a lot cheaper than any other .I had an accident in my first year i was with Insure the Box they wanted £3000 after my accident to renew. As I had the accident i did not get my first NCB. Tesco did not penalise me because i had a previous accident. Tesco also give you bonus miles of up to 100 based on your current driving.  I don’t really notice the box to be honest it does not bother me. I am 22 years old though so this may help but only had my licence since August 2012. I now have my first ncb and have renewed with Tesco .

Thanks given by: Davidwheaty
I am with Tesco insurance, for various reasons which I wont go into here, I'd sooner get cat aids than go with them again.

Dunno about the box thing lol
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 06:08 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: I am with Tesco insurance, for various reasons which I wont go into here, I'd sooner get cat aids than go with them again.

Dunno about the box thing lol

Ahahaha I had a box last year always felt like I was being watched not what you want when your driving
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 03:45 PM)Snell Wrote: I'm 18 aswell, been insured with tesco bank box for about 7 months. Having a black box isn't ideal, like it is a bit invasive as people have said but at this age its the only way to be properly covered for "sensible" money. I dont necessarily drive that strictly all the time, and I havent checked if I have any bonus miles but I'm not really fussed about them. Obviously if you get into a crash and its unsure who's at fault, you're insurer has quite a bit of data on how you were driving or reacted leading up to it. There's actually a safety thing to it though, if you somehow rolled the car or hit something bad enough its meant to alert the police to where you are
So what would you call not driving strictly? I've heard that if your to far over the limit some insurers cancel the policy.. Thanks for the feedback though was after someone who has it or has had it .
(14-02-2015, 05:55 PM)Herby7 Wrote: I have Tesco box insurance and have been with them for just over a year. They are good.  You get feedback based on your driving but they don’t penalise you if you go over the speed limit  or if someone suddenly pulls out in front of you and you suddenly break it won’t affect you much or not that i have noticed . The benefit i found was Tesco was a lot cheaper than any other .I had an accident in my first year i was with Insure the Box they wanted £3000 after my accident to renew. As I had the accident i did not get my first NCB. Tesco did not penalise me because i had a previous accident. Tesco also give you bonus miles of up to 100 based on your current driving.  I don’t really notice the box to be honest it does not bother me. I am 22 years old though so this may help but only had my licence since August 2012. I now have my first ncb and have renewed with Tesco .

Great info mate nice one
Thanks given by:
Dont really want to specify what I meant online lol, but no thats not true for tescos box insurance, they dont cancel you're policy for anything like that. I just hope I get a decent renewal quote when I've been with them a year. Its okay
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 12:46 AM)Snell Wrote: Dont really want to specify what I meant online lol, but no thats not true for tescos box insurance, they dont cancel you're policy for anything like that. I just hope I get a decent renewal quote when I've been with them a year. Its okay
Well I've gone ahead and done it anyway haha cheers man
Thanks given by: