slight engine issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slight engine issues
iv noticed a couple issues recently and not sure what they are so hopefully someone can help

problem 1 is next to each injector there is a little puddle of oil or fuel cant figure out which

problem 2 is when driving it sometimes smells fumy inside

any help would be great
Thanks given by:
leakoff o-rings leaking, or main injector seals.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
are they cheap enough and easy to replace?
Thanks given by:
Every HDi I've had has had those little pools of diesel....they take ages to come back after you blast them out with a jetwash so I never bothered rectifying.

As for the smell - change your deodorant, stop eating curry, leave the missus at home... Tongue But seriously, what kind of smell?
Thanks given by:
lol tom

the smell is like the smell of an exhaust when you start a derv from cold
Thanks given by:
Probably exhaust getting into the cabin somehow then. Likely to be the fire ring leaking slightly on the cat pipe.

...or those pools of diesel heating up maybe lol.
Thanks given by:
Tighten up the fuel pipe unions and clear up all the diesel completely using degreaser and a jetwash. Once dry, Let it idle and see where the leak is coming from. If nothing, then take it for a quick drive and check again.

Mine had pools of diesel everywhere, but once i tightened everything up and cleaned it, there's an odd drop leaking from 1 injector seal
Thanks given by:
is it safe to jetwash engine?
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 09:59 PM)jayspug86 Wrote: is it safe to jetwash engine?

There's mixed opinions but i jetwashed mine a few times on seperate occasions as there was a lot of grime stuck on it. 

I just put plastic bag over alternator/ecu/air intake, whether it matters, i don't know

Before and after:

[Image: 2a9541e5ae90ad3081d66b462c9387c2_zps109c86e8.jpg]

[Image: 2da6fdd5a183880f009d2613a83a792c_zps9eedca39.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Depends if you like to live life on the edge as I do... Wink

Most people will tell you its not.... I've done it several times without issue though lol.
Thanks given by:
ok il try cleaning first any recommended degreaser?
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 10:17 PM)jayspug86 Wrote: ok il try cleaning first any recommended degreaser?

Astonish engine degreaser, only costs like £4 and can easily do 3 seperate cleans. Result above ^  Wink
Thanks given by:
where can you buy it?
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 10:27 PM)jayspug86 Wrote: where can you buy it?

http://bit.ly/1AULb6o Tongue
Thanks given by:
Tbh I just use the cheapest engine degreaser around, £1 a bottle, seems to do the same job!

For localised bad areas I use the foamy lemon degreaser from Halfords lol.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine light always on and had slight run-on CaptainHair 0 914 02-07-2020, 08:54 PM
Last Post: CaptainHair
  Slight exhaust issue aircool 7 2,532 30-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Poodle