Stupid question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid question
I've just bought some must jets, how the hell do you remove the old washers? Ph3 btw
Thanks given by:
Push them up from underneath. Watch your fingers though, sharp edges around them!
Thanks given by: Bassman85
(10-02-2015, 05:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Push them up from underneath. Watch your fingers though, sharp edges around them!

Cheers buddy
Thanks given by:
No worries... About 50% chance you'll be back in a minute saying they aim too low if they're ebay ones... lol
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 05:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: No worries...  About 50%  chance you'll be back in a minute saying they aim too low if they're ebay ones... lol

I got mine from ebay and they were fine. Must've been lucky considering the amount of people that get the wrong ones!
Thanks given by:
I had an argument with an ebay supplier where I got mine lol, they stated the part number in the title and were adamant they only sell one type....umm, you're selling the wrong type then, or change the title!

I did find a genuine set in fiat dealer packaging for just 6.50 the pair though, on ebay as well, csn post the link if anyone stryggling to find the right ones.
Thanks given by:
Push side to side from underneath, can be a bit stiff sometimes Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I ended up using pliers to twist/turn them from underneath. Wrecked my standard washer jets doing it that way but i have very little patience and they were going in the bin anyway 
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 05:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: No worries... About 50% chance you'll be back in a minute saying they aim too low if they're ebay ones... lol

Your a psychic!! :O lol States part number in listing n all well annoyed Sad
Thanks given by:
Out of curiosity, how low do they spray? How far up the windscreen does the top of the jet reach?
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 06:00 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Out of curiosity, how low do they spray? How far up the windscreen does the top of the jet reach?

Somewhere between half and 1/3 up the windscreen id say
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 06:00 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Out of curiosity, how low do they spray? How far up the windscreen does the top of the jet reach?

Mine (the wrong ones) sprayed just above the wipers lol
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 06:03 PM)Niall Wrote:

Somewhere between half and 1/3 up the windscreen id say

And the proper ones about 3/4 of the way up? I've had 2 306's with mist jets and they always have 1 jet spraying 10cm or so lower than the other, well weird
Thanks given by:
The times ive had the wrong 1s they seem to just spray at the wipers. When i got the right 1s they come in a Fiat bag like Tom said
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 05:51 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I ended up using pliers to twist/turn them from underneath. Wrecked my standard washer jets doing it that way but i have very little patience and they were going in the bin anyway 

Luckily I had more patience, just lol as I've just refitted the old ones unblocked and aligned them Sad
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 05:51 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I ended up using pliers to twist/turn them from underneath. Wrecked my standard washer jets doing it that way but i have very little patience and they were going in the bin anyway 

Top tip for you, use gloves and keep the washer tubing on, pinch the pipe tightly underneath the end of the jet and push straight up. Hasn't failed for me yet and my jets are still useable if need be. Smile

(10-02-2015, 05:58 PM)Bassman85 Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 05:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: No worries...  About 50%  chance you'll be back in a minute saying they aim too low if they're ebay ones... lol

Lol, from neat car parts? Spray just the wipers...? Itwasntme

(10-02-2015, 06:45 PM)Frosty Wrote: The times ive had the wrong 1s they seem to just spray at the wipers. When i got the right 1s they come in a Fiat bag like Tom said

This is the correct listing for anyone else wanting the Fiat ones - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221656280057?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Thanks given by: Bassman85
(10-02-2015, 09:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Top tip for you, use gloves and keep the washer tubing on, pinch the pipe tightly underneath the end of the jet and push straight up.  Hasn't failed for me yet and my jets are still useable if need be. Smile

(10-02-2015, 05:58 PM)Bassman85 Wrote:

Lol, from neat car parts?  Spray just the wipers...?  Itwasntme

(10-02-2015, 06:45 PM)Frosty Wrote: The times ive had the wrong 1s they seem to just spray at the wipers. When i got the right 1s they come in a Fiat bag like Tom said

This is the correct listing for anyone else wanting the Fiat ones - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221656280057?_...EBIDX%3AIT

Anther top tip is, if you are going to just take the tubes off and push them out from underneath, make sure you at least have a cloth or something over them to stop them falling down inside the scuttle.......especially if you got the new one and find out its wrong and push it out.....down into the scuttle Sad

Just ordered a set from the link you gave. Fingers crossed lol
Thanks given by:
Well look what arrived. I fitted them but they still seem like scuttle washer jets haha but it seems with these your able to angle the fronts up a bit but time will tell if they stay like that :/ I'll give an update in a few days.[attachment=21679]
Thanks given by:
You cant angle them at all.... Should hit the middle of the screen! Confused
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 10:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You cant angle them at all....  Should hit the middle of the screen! Confused

This. They sit flush to the bonnet, well mine do and definately aren't adjustable 
Thanks given by:
I don't mean the actual jet is adjustable, sorry should have been clearer. I've put them on so the fronts are not quite down flush and they are fine then. If I put them flush they spray the bottom of the screen :/
Thanks given by:
Not having much luck with these are you?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you have a broken bonnet then... Tongue
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 10:46 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Not having much luck with these are you?

Lol as with trying to sort it pulling to the right and shocking handling Sad

(15-02-2015, 10:53 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Sounds like you have a broken bonnet then... Tongue
Damn it I thought that was the only bit that wasn't broken Tongue
Thanks given by:
Search on ebay for the Xsara mist jets, I fitted mine yesterday and they're excellent!
Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221656280057?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Thanks given by:
They're the ones I already linked... Wink
Thanks given by:
I've come to the Conclusion that my washer motor isn't performing 100%
Thanks given by:
Something else broken on your car? That makes a change... Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2015, 09:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Something else broken on your car?  That makes a change... Itwasntme

Sarcasm my friend Wink you need it when you own a peugeot Wink
Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe a stupid question kyleo92 2 1,028 22-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Last Post: kyleo92