Newbie need help xxx

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie need help xxx
So..... I'm a newie to this forum. I've been on a few others but after purchasing my latest ph1 gti-6 and noticing it has 306oc stickers on it I'll introduce myself as the new owner.
Bought my new toy a few weeks back now. Looking to put my own stamp on it though. I love the cyclone wheels however I've seen some stunning team dynamics with a red polished lip that I think would suit my baby perfectly. However, I had a set if team dynamics in my last 306 ph1 Cossack grey gti-6. So thinking something different.
Then...... Thinking engine, turbo? Supercharger? Turbo-supercharged? New cams?

Just wanting to get a verdict on who prefers what and for what reasons before i make that decision......

Be good to meet some new people, so hit me up.....

Xxx
Heart Lita-Marie  

Xxx
Thanks given by:
That car is well known on here, has had quite a few forum owners. Smile
Thanks given by:
I thought as such...... Please don't tell me any bad things tho lol

I don't suppose u know if anything has been done to the engine yet?? She goes like stink!! Faster than my last and that 1 was still pushing 167bhp. Stuck it on a rolling road at rockingham a few years back.

French car show at castle Combe this again??

Xxx
Heart Lita-Marie  

Xxx
Thanks given by:
Nothing bad that I know of! Smile

I believe the engine is stock, but with a stainless exhaust but I'm sure one of the previous owners can confirm. There is a thread on here for French car show, getting a list of names together, yep its Combe again.
Thanks given by:
That's not bad, would have been better at Rockingham again tho..... Got my tickets last year so I'm good.

Don't suppose u know of any previous posts on my car??
She came with no service history......

No shame in owning a ford, I own one too. And an astra gte ?

Xxx
Heart Lita-Marie  

Xxx
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25466

Smile
Thanks given by: Lita-Marie
Whole thread for you there... http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=3382

Surprised there's no history though tbh lol.

No shame in owning a Ford at all! Big Grin Thing is I spend more time on here than on Ford forums lol. Feel free to stick some pictures up of your other cars when you can, it's not just 306s here. Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome!
Wow its the forum whore! (the car that is, not you lol )
Ive seen this car my self a few times now when Curt owned it and its very tidy for its age. Last time i heard, engine wise it was stock other than an exhaust.
If you're after a fair but more power, its going to either be turbo or supercharger really. N/A is great fun but you really need to dig deep to do that with a great deal of success. Its all budget dependant really!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 05:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Whole thread for you there... http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=3382

Surprised there's no history though tbh lol.

No shame in owning a Ford at all! Big Grin  Thing is I spend more time on here than on Ford forums lol.  Feel free to stick some pictures up of your other cars when you can, it's not just 306s here. Smile

Cheers for the link ?

I haven't worked out how to put pictures on here yet tho. Plus, I've only got a 1.4 tdci fiesta (£20 tax) the everyday car, a mondeo which is for towing my boats and then the gte which is a working project...... Looking at getting a e46 325 coupe.... I'll defiantly post pics if the gte and e46 when I get one ?

Xxx

All my smilies are coming up as ???

Also....... I've found a white 3 door 306 1.4lx that I want to transfer my 6 into......

I know what most cars are worth and what u want to pay for them.... Except I'm not sure what to pay for this. What's it worth?

Xxx
Heart Lita-Marie  

Xxx
Thanks given by:
Man i had some fun in that car.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So is this Curt's old '6? Loved that car, good to see it back.

Welcome by the way, don't worry about owning other stuff, I currently own 2 old Mercs. Any pics of the Astra? I love them, particularly mk1s Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 08:44 PM)Tom Wrote: Man i had some fun in that car.

Did u own it too??

(10-02-2015, 08:48 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: So is this Curt's old '6? Loved that car, good to see it back.

Welcome by the way, don't worry about owning other stuff, I currently own 2 old Mercs. Any pics of the Astra? I love them, particularly mk1s Smile

Got some good plans for her Smile
Needing help with deciding what to do to the engine tho.......

Ohh what mercs u got? I'm after one, not right now but in the near future..... I will have my own convoy of cars lol my Astra is mk2. I'll take some tomorrow. It's not in a good state..... But bought it for £150!!! COpulent miss that haha
Heart Lita-Marie  

Xxx
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along

Nice to see the car returning back to the club Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 12:00 AM)7057sam Wrote: Hello and welcome along

Thanks and Hey :-)

Hope I do this car justice now as its so well known lol

U got a rallye?
Heart Lita-Marie  

Xxx
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 12:11 AM)Lita-Marie Wrote:

U got a rallye? 

No I killed my rallye and now have the astor which will be going on the road in 2 weeks time after being off the road since October 
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 05:47 PM)Niall Wrote: Welcome!
Wow its the forum whore! (the car that is, not you lol )
Ive seen this car my self a few times now when Curt owned it and its very tidy for its age. Last time i heard, engine wise it was stock other than an exhaust.
If you're after a fair but more power, its going to either be turbo or supercharger really. N/A is great fun but you really need to dig deep to do that with a great deal of success. Its all budget dependant really!

I'd love to N/A...... I like to buy lots of cars and boats though. I couldn't tie up so much cash on one project. Tbh, I think I'll go supercharger. I did look at throttle bodies off an R1 with my last 6....

Too many projects I'm starting in one go.... Looking at a saab conversion next, will push for 320bhp so who knows what will happen. I'll definatley record everything I do tho.......

(11-02-2015, 12:18 AM)7057sam Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 12:11 AM)Lita-Marie Wrote:

U got a rallye? 

No I killed my rallye and now have the astor which will be going on the road in 2 weeks time after being off the road since October 

Blew it up or stacked it???
What are u driving now then? Why has it been off the road?
Heart Lita-Marie  

Xxx
Thanks given by:
Blew the head to pieces a few years ago on track at fcs

It's was caged and low boost at that point,very fun and quick but was bankrupting me so I broke it cleared my debts and got the astor which will be cammed in a few weeks so still a nice 194.4 bhp.

Reason it's off the road is because I've choose to not run it at winter so I could save for my house and other bits.
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 12:31 AM)7057sam Wrote: Blew the head to pieces a few years ago on track at fcs

It's was caged and low boost at that point,very fun and quick but was bankrupting me so I broke it cleared my debts and got the astor which will be cammed in a few weeks so still a nice 194.4 bhp.

Reason it's off the road is because I've choose to not run it at winter so I could save for my house and other bits.

Oh fair enough!!! Good on ya.

Bet that hurt, I've not managed to blow anything up yet..... Touch wood!!!
Heart Lita-Marie  

Xxx
Thanks given by:
Yeah was honestly gutted but somthing had to change

Then I when through 2 engines on the astor,finally got a good one which as done a few track days on and been spot on so finger crossed it holds for another year then I think I'll treat it to a rebuild.
Thanks given by:
I used to own a garage with 3 ramps..... Could do anything I want to any car I had back then. Unfortunately I don't have that anymore and am very limited to what I can do outside my house!!

What track do u take it to? U had it on a rolling road yet?
Heart Lita-Marie  

Xxx
Thanks given by:
Yeah i know Curt had it, then Vaughn, then my friend Ryan, then i owned it for a week and put it on ebay, but i sold it to some chap, so obviously you might of bought it from him...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 11:42 PM)Lita-Marie Wrote: Ohh what mercs u got? I'm after one, not right now but in the near future..... I will have my own convoy of cars lol my Astra is mk2. I'll take some tomorrow. It's not in a good state..... But bought it for £150!!! COpulent miss that haha

Got the 190E in my sig below, that's for sale, and a W124 300D to replace it that I'm picking up on Saturday.

Must be an 8 valve GTE at that price, a C20XE alone is worth 3 times that as an engine on a pallet! If the bulkhead and boot floor are solid it'll be a good project. Back arches need doing?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Good grief, is this thing still doing the rounds?? Fozzy (the guy mentioned in the first post of Curt's thread) has recently moved down by me in Chandlers Ford, he may be able to shed some more light on it's past, if you're interested. He, myself and Jonny81191 are all very local, if ever you need help or just fancy chatting cars some time.

Edit: Oh, and with regards to what you should do with it; turbo it, obviously. Big Grin

Failing that, throttle bodies and cams are pretty sexy...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
About time I met someone local!! Lol

Would be good to meet some new faces.
I'd love to know the history of her.
Picked up some flat blade wipers, a bung and a push button for the boot popper today. First of many things.......

So where abouts are u then? I'm in totton........ Spend a lot of time in Bournemouth and Christchurch tho.
Heart Lita-Marie  

Xxx
Thanks given by:
Fair, i'm in Chandlers Ford near Toynbee and Jonny is in Bishopstoke, the door is always open. We have occasional meets, but are usually working on the cars and seeing someone off the forum most weekends, sadly enough lol. There's a New Forest meet in April, have a look in the meet section.

Should get a project thread up, like to see how the old girl's looking!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yea I will do a thread when I've got some stuff, all in order atm and can't decide on what wheels to get yet..... Wether or not to stick some brembos on her...

Actually looking for someone to de badge my bonnet and boot if u know anyone??

I'll check the meets out
Heart Lita-Marie  

Xxx
Thanks given by:
I don't know anyone locally that does bodywork aside from avc customs. The local lads seem to rate them and what i've seen of their work looks decent to me, but i've not personally had any dealings with them.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-02-2015, 10:09 PM)Poodle Wrote: Fair, i'm in Chandlers Ford near Toynbee and Jonny is in Bishopstoke, the door is always open if you're part of our inner circle.

EFA Wink
Im also down that way a fair bit and will be increasingly over the coming months so always happy to help with fixing (or more likely breaking) cars
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome. Smile

Sounds like a pretty good collection of cars!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: