HGOn the way out?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HGOn the way out?
Driving home earlier on, heaters blew ice cold as the temperature needle rose up to 90 and back down in the space of 10-15 seconds, before the heaters went warm and all was as normal 

Temp needle stayed at 70 for 10 or so miles then rose up to 80 when given a little pasting, has been normal since but people reporting HGF shortly after theirs done the same? 

Thanks 
Thanks given by:
Has the coolant level dropped? Is the top pipe pressurising? Report back..
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 09:08 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Has the coolant level dropped? Is the top pipe pressurising? Report back..

Will check coolant level when home

Other night after a hard drive it was at 90 deg and the little hose coming out of the cap near the slam panel was pissing coolant out 
Thanks given by:
Do sound head gasket like, the top hose will probably be rock solid - even when the car has been off for a while.

My first DT died like that 4 years ago Sad

It limped along for 18 months tho which was alrite - had to top it up every morning to get to and from work Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 11:03 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: Do sound head gasket like, the top hose will probably be rock solid - even when the car has been off for a while.

My first DT died like that 4 years ago Sad

It limped along for 18 months tho which was alrite - had to top it up every morning to get to and from work Big Grin

Which one is the top hose haha?

Looks like I best put a 2L bottle in the car lol
Thanks given by:
The one connecting the top of the radiator to the thermostat housing on the engine.

Big and thick, you can't miss it.
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 11:01 AM)rtha6551 Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 09:08 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Has the coolant level dropped? Is the top pipe pressurising? Report back..

Other night after a hard drive it was at 90 deg and the little hose coming out of the cap near the slam panel was pissing coolant out 
99.9% the head gasket mate, may as well book it to get done now.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 11:27 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 11:01 AM)rtha6551 Wrote:

99.9% the head gasket mate, may as well book it to get done now.

Coolant was low, filled it with water then went for a drive

No problems, drove fine and when I got back (15 mile spirited drive) the top rad hose was soft 

Did drink all the water I put in, been told to take cap off start engine and fill with water till full? 
Thanks given by:
You need to bleed it properly to know for sure, I'll explain if there's not a guide in the xud section.
Thanks given by: