Hdi crunching into 5th

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi crunching into 5th
Having bit of a strange intermittant problem with my hdi. It's had a new clutch/cable and genuine oil but it crunches into 5th when physically changing gear quickly regardless of speed and even when stationary.

If i press the clutch and engage 5th it crunches, but if i keep clutch pressed and go from 5th to neutral and back to 5th there is no crunch no matter how many times i do it. If get off the clutch and back on again, it'll crunch for the first change again, all while stationary on idle and same when driving.

If i change gear by slowly moving the gearstick it's completely fine.

Any info would be appreciated Smile
Thanks given by:
Id say gearbox issue, as if it was clutch issue it wouldnt be in only one gear, plus the fact its new anyway

Stop putting it in 5th while stationary and just change gear slower Wink
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 07:20 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Id say gearbox issue, as if it was clutch issue it wouldnt be in only one gear, plus the fact its new anyway

Stop putting it in 5th while stationary and just change gear slower Wink

It's the same while driving too Tongue

And by slower i mean take 3-5seconds to select 5th, i don't change gears pretending to be Ayrton Senna! Lol

I'm just wondering why it only happens intermittantly, in the hope it can be a simple fix
Thanks given by:
Dead easy to fix, Takes around 30 mins tops to replace the 5th gear syncro
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 10:12 PM)miles Wrote: Dead easy to fix, Takes around 30 mins tops to replace the 5th gear syncro

Can you actually buy just the 5th gear syncro? Where's the best place to go?
Thanks given by:
yes you can, either a breakers, someone like miles who does gearboxes, or a dealer.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  steering crunching noise. brad306 3 1,562 30-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Last Post: mangler