Max fuel screw

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max fuel screw
So just brought my Dtrubo and was looking at tuning it but it seems the max fuel screw caps been attacked before i dont know if it was tampered with, the boost comp still had the cover on.  
how do you reckon i proceed, is there a way to set it back to original, is it going to do any serious damage 
Thanks given by:
i won't correct your grammar as someone else will lol . . . . . everyone gives these cars a stage one tune up, read the Xud guides section for lots of info on this subject .. . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
yea i know my grammars awful almost as bad as my spelling (thank good for spell check) yea was going to tune it but reading up might just try and get a bosch pump
Thanks given by:
It is the best way, more power, less smoke and a million times easier to tune, oh yeah you can run veg oil too Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
just need to find one now and any idea how big a diy job it is?
Thanks given by:
If you can change a cambelt you'll be ok?
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 11:37 PM)simonson82 Wrote: How much extra power does turning up the Max fuel give you? Is it worth doing?

not much without tightening the turbo wastegate too.
Thanks given by:
that's a good point say I've tuned the pump following JP's guide ( http://www.nosmokenopoke.com/forum/showt...ning-Guide ) what if anything do i need to do with the wastegate i believe i have a Garrett
Thanks given by:
I adjusted max fuel on my lucas pump (still has more to go) and adjusted the actuator 3 turns tighter and it sits on 26psi and flies compared to standard
Thanks given by:
26psi? thats brave. from what ive read car as standard you dont want to be going above 18-20
Thanks given by:
26psi will be fine aslong as you have a bit of mechanical sympathy , keep it well serviced an it should be fine. Get a fmic on though . after a few rags on the tmic you will he suffering heatsoak at anything higher than 20psi up
Thanks given by:
front mount is on the list of jobs, once I have decided what turbo I want to put on it Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Main Fuel Screw and Idle Speed ally406 6 1,667 28-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,473 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby
  Radiator bleed screw/ tap vanished, possible better solution simonh 4 1,395 09-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Last Post: simonh