Idle issue.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idle issue.
Most of the folks who frequent 306gti6.com will know of my car issues already but I thought i'd post on here as well in case anyone missed it and may be able to help.

The long and short of it is, the car idles fine when just sat idling, the idle doesn't fluctuate it sits perfectly at 900rpm. The problem is if you come off the throttle or rev the car slightly and let it drop, the revs take a dive down to 500rpm and the car sometimes stalls. Its an intermittent fault that doesn't happen all the time but is so frustrating and dangerous at times.

I have fitted a whole new manifold with gaskets, new ICV, MAP, TPS, Green coolant sensor and tested the lambda and PAS sensor to no avail.

I am now completely at a loss, the only other thing I can think is that maybe the wiring is dodgy somewhere or theres an air leak that I can't find.

Any help is massively appreciated as this is doing my head in and I'm getting close to breaking the car.

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
how about the cam and crank sensor any thing been done with them?
Thanks given by:
Have you checked for bad earth could be why only dose it some times or a bad connection somewhere 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti6 idle issue NottsPug 42 10,039 08-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Niall