Non starter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non starter
Ok, if it isn't fixed this week it's going in the bin!! mate had it on diagnostics with no faults reported. 

Car 2001 306 hdi 2l

Checked fuel lp pump . Working
fuel getting to hp pump. Checked
Fuel filter replaced
fuel getting to injectors 
injectors  checked
New glow plugs 6 months ago

Car was working fine, then struggling to start and now refuses to start at all (turns over fine ) . This all happened within a couple of weeks.

What am I missing????. Any suggestions 

Could be some spares for sale next week. 
Thanks given by:
Tryed it with a stronger battery? as sometimes if they are a timy bit low they refuse to start
Thanks given by:
Battery fully charged, turns over normally.
Thanks given by:
Tryed cleaning the fpr? Might aswell try it seen as its free to do and they're known to cause all sorts of problems
Thanks given by:
Took the fpr off and cleaned it. Not sure if I was cleaning the right bit though as I couldnt see any dirt at all. Is there a way of checking the fpr.
Thanks given by:
Probably yet another immobiliser fault...

Get Peugeot Planet on it if you can.
Thanks given by:
Brown relay, immobiliser, fpr, inertia switch, etc.

Click the link VVV Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok , on further investigation there seems to be no signal to the injectors. So is this an immobiliser problem as suggested in earlier thread?

if so how do I trace the problem and fix. Really don't want to get rid of the car but haven't got the time to be messing about with it. Need reliabilty not hassle. Sounds like the immobilser problem is fairly common.

Again any help is appreciated.  
Thanks given by:
Have you got access to Peugeot planet?
Thanks given by:
I had this and i found were the ecu braket bolts to through into the wheel well was well rotten removed 10mm nut cleaned all grime and rott away and car started again. Suppose it could be having battery romoved for a few hours worth a try for nothing.
Thanks given by:
Hi again, No access to  peugeot planet whatever that is. Fairly new to peugeots. Have heard it mentioned a lot though.

If taking the battery off for a few hours fixes it I won't know wether to laugh or cry!!!

Is the immobiliser all part of the ecu. Where should the signal to the injectors come from. Iv'e decided with all my expertise in these matters that is where the problem lies 

Just like to thanks to all for the help so far.  Keep it coming
Thanks given by:
I pretty new to hdi engines too the signal for injectors would come from either cam or crank sensor if its ecu at fault with no fault code or check engine lights i would create a fault by unpluging mass air flow meter and seing if a fault code comes up to determine ecu is actually working .
Thanks given by:
Where are you based Wallis? There maybe somebody nearby who does have peugeot planet and can lend a hand.

Signal for the injectors comes from the ecu, not the cam or crank sensor, the firing pulse is 80v, you'll need a scope to see it. No signal to the injectors means the ecu is stopping play, it doesn't necessarily mean it's an immobiliser fault. For example, it could be lack of fuel pressure in the rail, as if the ecu doesn't see ~280bar on cranking then it won't bother even trying to fire the injectors.

I wouldn't start unplugging things to see if it causes faults, it's a fairly likely way to upset a common rail engine. Plus unplugging the maf doesn't bring up an engine light on all but the very oldest HDis.

Tbf taking the battery off for a few hours has got to be worth a try, it's free to check and you never know lol, wouldn't be the first time i've seen it work.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hi again, first of all let me start by saying thanks for all the help. Unfotunateley it still refuses to start. Someone plugged it into diagnostics again with no feedback. tried different ecu,transponder and chip. Did all the things that have been suggested on here to avail. Then managed to break the brown connector at the back of ecu this morning.  

Needed car on the road so bought something else.  So it's coming to bits. 306 hdi estate light metallic blue. The remainder of the shall be collected  28/02/2015 .
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that, thanks for updating all the same. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: