Help with sudden non starter please NOW RUNNING!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with sudden non starter please NOW RUNNING!!!
Didn't we already know it was an immobiliser fault... lol

Options now are get an unlocked ECU or buy an ECU/BSi/fob set and change the lot.
Thanks given by:
I wasn't sure what the fault was, that's why i went to the parameter measurements tonight to see if everything was full of ???'s Like Pro Steve said.
I just wanted to confirm it.

So has an unlocked ECU had the immobliser removed then? so just a straight swap.

What sort of money would i be looking at for an unlocked ecu? And then a ECU/BSi/fob set?

Many Thanks Titch
Thanks given by:
Unlocked ECU works without an immobiliser yeah. You can even have your own unlocked if you post it off. Not sure on costs for that. But for the set its £40-£70 depending on number of keys and card or not.
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 06:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Unlocked ECU works without an immobiliser yeah.  You can even have your own unlocked if you post it off.  Not sure on costs for that.  But for the set its £40-£70 depending on number of keys and card or not.

Ok thats great thanks for the help.

If i was to buy a full set, then would the ecu number still need to match the old one or as long as its the same single plug unit and i have the bsi and other bits any will work ?
Thanks given by:
Number doesn't need to match no. As long as its single plug and comes with BSI and key fobs, the immobiliser and central locking should work as normal.
Thanks given by:
Nice one thanks. will have a look around and see if i can find a set at a decent price.

Titch
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 08:00 PM)titch Wrote: Nice one thanks. will have a look around and see if i can find a set at a decent price.

Titch

Had a drive up to Bristol on Saturday, and i picked up an unlocked and remapped ECU from Prosteve, so when i get back down to Cornwall for work on Monday we will have to see if that sorts it.
Thanks given by:
Big thanks fellas, especially to Prosteve.

Got back to Cornwall this morning, fitted the ECU from steve in my lunch break and then stuck the booster pack on ( as th AA had left the battery flat ) and she fired up straight away, runs a lot smoother and goes much better with the new Map from Steve.

Titch
Thanks given by:
Glad its got a happy ending Big Grin fixed mine over the weekend with a new pressure regulator and its having a stage 1 map tomorrow with a bit of luck Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Thats good news, i can reccomend Prosteves 125bhp stage 1 map, alot different to the generic one i had before.

Titch
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear it, thanks for updating.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Nice one! Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 08:41 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Really? thats shit! on 106's and saxos you just unplug the immobiliser module while the engines running...

Also on a ph1 306 you just unplug the keypad while the engine is running, surely there is a trick like that on the ph2/3?

(05-02-2015, 08:59 AM)Toms306 Wrote: No Matt, I think it was probably done to be safer than the keypad immobs that you could just unplug. There are rumours you can unlock the ECU by unplugging it with the ignition on....but it could then re-lock at any point! Confused This is why you have to sell ph3 ECUs with the BSI (CL module for welshpug Tongue ) and key fobs - I hope you do at work lol.

Works the same way on HDi's too, just instead of entering the code on the keypad you just need to switch the ignition onto the 2nd click and then unplug the ECU. I did it on a couple of spare HDi ECU's on my old 306 and it works fine, allowing you to start them with just the key blade or a couple of lengths of wire if you were so inclined.

I should point out that's only "soft" unlocking the ECU and that's not quite the same as a "hard" unlocked ECU where the immobiliser function has been permanently disabled like ProSteve and others offer. In theory a "soft" unlocked ECU will re-lock once you connect it all back up properly with all the immobiliser and BSI wiring plugged in, although curiously it didn't on my old 306.

You'll find 95% of 205's out there running GTi-6 engines and similar are using soft unlocked ECU's - they don't re-lock because there's no immobiliser wiring or BSI to allow them to re-lock. Most of them would have originally come out of Phase 2/3 306's or Phase 1 Xsara's (which are broadly similar to Ph3 306's in that they have transponder immobilisers are RF central locking)
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudden Notchy Gear Changes JTaylor2005 8 1,828 11-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Intermittent sudden Power lost Peugeot306Modz 18 3,595 04-03-2015, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Sudden non start hdi af1 25 3,673 31-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Last Post: af1