newbie!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbie!!
Thumbs Up 
Hi all just joined have bought a 306 always liked the look of them. Have so far fly eyed the lights and put some standard 307 alloys on for now. If anyone has got any tips for mods or any advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks all
Thanks given by:
Hi Bud

looks nice Moonstone is my personal fav Wink

Fly eye tinted mine once but cut far cut much light out for me but does look nice

as mods go depends how far you want to take it? first thing i did was get my remapped notice a huge improvement in performance a couple of the fella's on the forum often do deals for a remap as cheap as £50! and then i dropped it 40mm on some 17's
Thanks given by:
Hi mate

Yeah i do think it's the best colour, Well I wanna do a bit to it but not too much as I wanna get a diesel one later in the year. Mines a 1.4 petrol meridian with the half leather interior. Would it be worth remapping it? Was looking at an induction kit and an exhaust but not sure.
Thanks given by:
Defiantly wait till you get a diesel one then buddy trust me i mean mines my first car but in my eyes seems to pull like a train and give amazing fuel economy no matter how i hard i drive it.

i cant personally say if those tweaks would improve the 1.4 petrol but i cant see why not 

but imo wait for the diesel Wink
Thanks given by:
You can't remap a 1.4 petrol I'm afraid...in fact you can't make them faster at all (cheaply). Exhaust and induction kit will improve the noise though, and that gives the effect of more power lol.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2015, 11:52 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You can't remap a 1.4 petrol I'm afraid...in fact you can't make them faster at all (cheaply).  Exhaust and induction kit will improve the noise though, and that gives the effect of more power lol.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

someone who actually knows that there on about Smile
Thanks given by:
That's good advice lads appreciate it yeah not gonna do a lot then ill just hold out for the diesel one then can start sorting a remap n stuff. Only paid 500 for this one and it's a tidy motor so will probably just do induction and exhaust and paint wheels until I get the other one
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome

Yeah they not much you can do to a 1.4
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2015, 02:16 PM)7057sam Wrote: Hello and welcome

Yeah they not much you can do to a 1.4

Yeah that's the problem with it being a small engine. It will be mainly cosmetic mods with this one.
Thanks given by:
welcome, these guys are great on 306oc.
cracking car, but like theyve said not much to be done with the 1.4, the diesels how ever are great and easy to mod
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2015, 10:30 PM)blinkyeatu Wrote: welcome, these guys are great on 306oc.
cracking car, but like theyve said not much to be done with the 1.4, the diesels how ever are great and easy to mod

Thanks mate good to meet u, yeah will be looking to get a diesel on I reckon just had this one coz it was cheap and the colour I wanted. Just cosmetic changes with this one
Thanks given by: