GoPro / SJ4000 bike mounts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoPro / SJ4000 bike mounts
Anyone know of any good mounts for using a gopro or SJ4000 on a bike. I've had my SJ4000 out on the bike today and the handle bar mount was artocious, helmet sticky pads always look too high so I mounted a sticky pad on the front of the stem then secured it with a strap but the footage as terrible (see below). I've gotta say for alot of it its so rough that its difficult to actually see when your riding but I'd of hoped the camera would be better, the only bits that are smooth are when I'm in the air.

[attachment=21561]
Thanks given by:
Mount it to your lid.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As said stick it to your helmet 10000% better
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What sort of helmet do you have? If you're worried about it being too high you could mount it on the side depending on your helmet.

Or you can get harnesses for the chest you can mount cameras in.
Thanks given by:
OK lads, any recommendations for a helmet mount, is a 3M sticky pad OK or one of the special helmet mounts?

I have 3 lids, a dirt lid, a full face lid and a normal mountain bike/road lid that is what I use the most.

I did consider the side of the lid but was worried that the more arms you add the more chance it has of movement. Also I'm worried that without the straps being stupid tight that both helmet and chest cams will move too much.
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 11:19 PM)Atterz Wrote: Mount it to your lid.

but he only has a small helmet you should remember!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Yeah I found the same matey.

Rubbish on the bars but ace on me head!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I used a chest mount for skiing and that worked well.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
It always will be shite on the handlebars no matter what mount. People dont realise how much they move the bars till they see a video from them lol
Lid is the best bet. Go pro do curved 3M mounts. Ive got one on my full facer and you couldn't pull it off of there if you tried. They arent cheap but i can guarantee its not going to go anywhere!

Btw, how you getting on with the forks?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2015, 12:04 PM)Niall Wrote: Btw, how you getting on with the forks?

As you can see from the video they are still on.
I like them but I really need to find my adaptor and put some more air in them. They knock and the steerer is massively too short but they'll do till I kill them properly.

I really want to build up an orange alpine (although with the five style swing arm) with 650b wheels so it'll do till I can afford one of those.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2015, 12:04 PM)Niall Wrote: It always will be shite on the handlebars no matter what mount. People dont realise how much they move the bars till they see a video from them lol
Lid is the best bet. Go pro do curved 3M mounts. Ive got one on my full facer and you couldn't pull it off of there if you tried. They arent cheap  but i can guarantee its not going to go anywhere!

Btw, how you getting on with the forks?

Was it the 3m stuff you get with the go pro as I got some with my hero 4 and was abit weary of using it.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
It is yeah Sam Smile
Chris, I've got a pump adaptor which you can have. I'll bring it to ace this month if you like?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lid mounted or chest mounted FTW (I prefer to watch chest mounted stuff TBH, seem to get more of an impression of speed)
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
This is how I have it mounted on my full-facer. I had a plastic arm before, that snapped under the stress of the camera, from big drops etc. I have since upgraded the arm to an aluminium version, and the pad hasn't even budged a bit.

As mentioned above, its a 3M one, would thoroughly recommend.

[Image: 1476457_10151790559268511_1573247266_n.j...b18b34c734]

EDIT: A quick video with it on. Nothing fancy as it was at the end of the day and I was ruined.
[Image: th_GOPR0691_zpsnu1ikv0g.mp4]
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
er... grant if you hit somehting head on do you not just get an aluminium rod through your head?
Thanks given by:
You spend too much time looking at the camera Grant
Thanks given by:
I don't know if I'm missing the point here but isn't the camera meant to face the other way? Why are you filming your face?
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 10:31 AM)Eeyore Wrote: er... grant if you hit somehting head on do you not just get an aluminium rod through your head?

I suppose there is that risk. What the actual chances of hitting something dead straight, and at the right angle to do so are, I'm not sure. I've yet to hear of it.

(09-02-2015, 10:58 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You spend too much time looking at the camera Grant

Not sure if serious or troll.... lol

(09-02-2015, 11:11 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: I don't know if I'm missing the point here but isn't the camera meant to face the other way? Why are you filming your face?

Then the camera could be turned around to film forwards. If you wanted to do that though, there is no need for the arm, and you may as well plonk it straight on top of the lid Wink

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Oh I see Big Grin

So you actually purchased it to film your face? I don't do off road cycling so I'm not down with the kids but why do you want to film your face? I can understand filming in front of you but am I missing something? All I'd see is my squashed hamster cheeks & some weird facial expressions as I fall off or something lol
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 03:42 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Oh I see Big Grin

So you actually purchased it to film your face? I don't do off road cycling so I'm not down with the kids but why do you want to film your face? I can understand filming in front of you but am I missing something? All I'd see is my squashed hamster cheeks & some weird facial expressions as I fall off or something lol

I primarily bought it to use for waterskiing (the camera is too low down on the ski using just a mount) but had a little mess around with it on my lid. I was mainly using the above pictures/video to demonstrate the strength of the sticky pad.

The below is a good video to demonstrate what can be achieved. Although they are shit hot freeriders lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN-YTcSnE6c

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 03:33 PM)Grant Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 10:31 AM)Eeyore Wrote: er... grant if you hit somehting head on do you not just get an aluminium rod through your head?

I suppose there is that risk. What the actual chances of hitting something dead straight, and at the right angle to do so are, I'm not sure. I've yet to hear of it.

Funnily enough, thats how Michael Schumacher is now spasticated. He had a go pro on his helmet which smashed his helmet in...giggidy.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I do like the idea of the arms but I'd love to extend it behind the helmet looking forward so you get the feeling you are following the rider really close like a computer game view
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 06:56 PM)Niall Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 03:33 PM)Grant Wrote:

Funnily enough, thats how Michael Schumacher is now spasticated. He had a go pro on his helmet which smashed his helmet in...giggidy.

His was just a gopro without and arm though. The glue aparently weakened the chemical makeup of the helmet, reducing its impact resistance.

That said, the point Sam makes has put some horrid thoughts in my head. Hopefully not a chunk of ally though lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gopro external mics Stef205 2 839 11-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3
  Sj4000 camera Dave 11 2,319 27-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Last Post: silverzx
  Win a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition worth £360 @ Opie Oils oilman 15 3,785 21-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Last Post: cully