Alternator pictures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternator pictures
As per the title, i need pictures of your alternator and the relevant bracket please, on the car, off the car, whatever. Bit of a strange request, but i'm trying to work out if i need to buy one for mine or if i'm missing part of the bracket or what the f*ck is happening. Bit annoying as i did have two for the hdi, but i can't seem to find a single one that will actually fit the bloody car. Found three others mind!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
There are 5 different fitments iirc
Thanks given by:
Ah shit, really? That could make life interesting...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Mine went about a year ago and I couldn't get a used one from any car that would match mine, I tried 40 or 50 different HDis and none were even close so I ended I buying a brand new one. I feel your pain
Thanks given by:
Hmm, i'll get the motor factors to have a look, but i'm not convinced. If that's the case it seems a bit odd that the three mounts i've got (from a v-reg, y-reg and 52) are all identical...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Nobody else got pictures? Got the only two alternators listed arriving at the motorfactors shortly, some reference would be useful, like if there are any spacers that should be fitted or anything.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've sold loads of alternators from breakers without any comebacks? Can't believe theres that much variation?

I have pictures but they're all 'off the car' pics for selling so I doubt that's any help?
Thanks given by:
I have pics of mine BT it's not HDI so might be no good let me know if ya want them and I will put them up :-)
Thanks given by:
That'd be helpful please, Tom, at least i'll be able to see what one type should look like. It's been so long since i took it all apart i can't remember lol.

Thanks for the offer, Paddy, but it'll be different where it's xud, as you say.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ye that's what I thought lol did u try Google images :-)

[attachment=21584]

If this is no good try here lol few on it 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=306+at...rnator+hdi
Thanks given by:
Not sure if any of these are the right angle for what you need! Confused

[Image: IMAG4045_zps8f6e9539.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3673_zpsc56c38c3.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3538_zpsdd7a6a1f.jpg]

[Image: IMAG2837_zpsj1kdx9kj.jpg]

[Image: IMAG2862_zpst8dbarej.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's spot on, Tom, thanks.

I did Paddy, i don't know if it brings up less because i'm on my phone, but i couldn't find much. The only possibly useful images it showed were thumbnails from .net that i couldn't enlarge because they've deleted/archived a lot of the useful content. That's a good picture though, thanks.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Quick update for anyone reading this in future: Both alternators supplied by the motorfactors were identical in terms of mounting points, pulley offset, etc, the only difference was the back of the unit and the amperage output. Oh, and the lower output one was 1.5kg lighter than the other, so naturally i'll be using that. Big Grin

I noticed in the pictures posted above that there were spacers missing from my mount, which i've now found and everything is just dandy. Thanks again to Tom and Paddy.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No problem man BT more tom than me lol 
Thanks given by:
I can be useful occasionally....rare occurrence though. Wink
Thanks given by:
There are far more than 2 on offer, have a look on serivcebox, there are variantions of valeo, mitsubishi, bosch 120 and 150 amp with different fixings, plugs etc depending on year/options/the weather but if you got one to fit thats all that matters Smile
Thanks given by: