Auto wipers question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto wipers question
My 6' is a phase 2 and doesn't have the auto wiper stalk but i've noticed that it does however have the sensor on the windscreen o.0 If i changed the Phase 2 stalk to a Phase 3 would that enable the auto wipers to work or is it a bit more involved than that?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
my ph2 has auto wipers, so at a guess, stick an auto stalk in from a ph2 and it should work?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
AFAIK.. the stalks between ph2 and 3 are a straight swap just don't know whether or not it'll actually make the wipers work properly on auto etc..
Thanks given by:
yeah id figure they'd bolt in and plug in fine, maybe just the looms are slightly different?

pretty much expecting Niall or cully to pop along shortly and confirm, but i THINK they should work fine

Thanks given by:
Hoping the same thing mate haha
Thanks given by:
If it has a sensor then it should work. To activate them you have to put the stalk to the second setting, then back down to the first. In doing so the wipers will activate twice, so then you know they are in auto mode Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah epic, might try get one from the scrappy and get it fitted then! I do love having auto wipers
Thanks given by:
Have you tried what I said with the current stalk?
Thanks given by:
Current stalk doesn't have the auto option mate, i tried it last night but no light came on on the sensor just functioned as they would normally
Thanks given by:
There aren't any lights on the dash to show they're activated, only the two wiper motions. Stick them into auto mode as I described, then stick your hand over the sensor. They should activate at a fast speed.
Thanks given by:
I didn't mean dash lights mate, don't know whether or not you've noticed before but when the 'AUTO' mode is enabled the sensor itself has a small orange LED which you can see from outside looking at the windscreen, the stalk i have doesn't have any auto mode just int then medium then fast
Thanks given by:
BUMP! Has anyone on here done this?
Thanks given by:
just try it...takes 5 mins to swap over lol, worst that can happen is you pop a fuse....
Thanks given by:
The stalks are the same Smile. Just try it Danny, I'm guessing the wired are there + the previous owner may have swapped stalks as old one might have died???
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
im car never had them as standard, all i did was glue the sensor to the window, plug it in behind the fusebox and fitted a auto stalk and it works fine.

I broke a 6, it didn't have the auto stalk but did have a sensor hidden above the light, but it was broken, the light went green when i tried a auto stalk on it
Thanks given by:
Mate just whip the stalk out your HDi and test if it works, takes 5mins to take them off
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good shout, what's the worst that can happen eh? lol
Thanks given by:
*awaits a "i've set my car on fire" thread...* lol

Thanks given by:
What do you think my name is? Tom? lmao
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:What do you think my name is? Tom? lmao

:roll: True though! lol
Thanks given by:
lmao

Thanks given by:
It should work if you just put the stalk in but it could also need activating in PP. doubt it though. Give it a go!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Danny just whip out the hdi one and try, I'm sure the wiring is there! Pug are skinflints so I'm guessing ph2&3 all have the same looms with everything wired in?

Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:Danny just whip out the hdi one and try, I'm sure the wiring is there! Pug are skinflints so I'm guessing ph2&3 all have the same looms with everything wired in?

Not always. On the 106s they weren't. They had multiple types of looms depending on what model you have!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
That's surprising, thought they'd be cheapo's and 1 loom for all as it reduces cost

Thanks given by:
They reduced the cost by not putting cables in cars that diffident need it, my original loom didn't even have the connection for the dimming dash
Thanks given by:
The rain sensor on the windscreen acts as a LDR, so any rain on the screen over the sensor consequentially increases the resistance, activating the wipers. Its a common mod on other cars to retro fit the rain sensor, so presuming the looms are the same i cannot see why fitting the auto wiper stalk would not work.

Failing that, it would not be hard to run the extra wire to make it work...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:The rain sensor on the windscreen acts as a LDR, so any rain on the screen over the sensor consequentially increases the resistance, activating the wipers. Its a common mod on other cars to retro fit the rain sensor, so presuming the looms are the same i cannot see why fitting the auto wiper stalk would not work.

Failing that, it would not be hard to run the extra wire to make it work...

Unless it runs via the BSI....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Possible, but unlikely. Easiest way to find out would be to look on autodata.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:Possible, but unlikely. Easiest way to find out would be to look on autodata.

I would if my laptop worked Sad fooking windows shite!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to disable auto wipers bashbarnard 8 1,673 09-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Retrofitting Auto Wipers RetroPug 6 1,464 06-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Auto wipers philpemberton94 12 2,148 05-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Last Post: RetroPug