To much oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To much oil
Hi all did an oil change two days ago some reason I was fapping around and put to much oil in it car is now puffing out white smoke! Can't drain it until the weekend, will it cause any damage to my engine if I drive it??

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
It's not ideal having to much oil in. There is the possibility the turbo will pick it up and run on it. How much to much you put in?

Too much oil shouldn't make it white smoke though
Thanks given by:
put in about 2.5 litres give or take it might of been cause it was cold, but it only smokes white after i did the oil change!
Thanks given by:
Bit of a strange 1. I would say try and avoid driving it as 2.5 litres is a fair bit extra
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 12:24 AM)Frosty Wrote: Bit of a strange 1. I would say try and avoid driving it as 2.5 litres is a fair bit extra

Yeah will do mate I'll drain it on Saturday and start over see what happens!
Thanks given by:
How did you manage to put 2.5litres too much in!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 06:45 AM)Piggy Wrote: How did you manage to put 2.5litres too much in!?

I didn't put 2.5 litres over, 2.5 is how much I put in if that makes sense!
Thanks given by:
It should take 4.5 litres from empty
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wtf....
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
theres 4.5l of oil required for an XUD
Thanks given by:
Sorted it now guys little bit awkward didn't have enough in it and the White smoke is because only 2 of my glow plugs are working! Whoops!
Thanks given by:
He's new, be nice!
Thanks given by:
Too much or nad enuff Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
At least you got it sorted mate
Thanks given by:
Hope you didn't ruin the bottom end by running it too low on oil.

You had about half as much in as you should have done, thats not good if you drove it far.
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 02:02 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: Hope you didn't ruin the bottom end by running it too low on oil.

You had about half as much in as you should have done, thats not good if you drove it far.

Didn't drive it far, topped up on oil now and it seems to be running okay and oil is at the correct level!
Thanks given by:
Smile

Glad all is well. I've limped to a services before on 2litres!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My turbo burnt a couple of litres when it failed and I kept driving it... The cam and lifters wore out shortly after the incident... Good luck. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 05:47 PM)Toms306 Wrote: My turbo burnt a couple of litres when it failed and I kept driving it...  The cam and lifters wore out shortly after the incident...  Good luck. Tongue

ohh wow, well hopefully that won't happen to me!! (touch wood)
Thanks given by:
Ha live and learn ay! Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 06:50 PM)Tom Wrote: Ha live and learn ay! Smile

You know it mate! ha best way Smile
Thanks given by:
oh and i cant help it anymore...

Its "too much" not "to much"

Ahhhhhhh, thats better
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nah 2.5l will have been over the oil pickup, long as you didn't get it hot and shove it into roundabouts on three wheels, you'll be OK.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 07:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: oh and i cant help it anymore...

Its "too much" not "to much"

Ahhhhhhh, thats better

Im glad you feel at ease piggy!! Smile

(06-02-2015, 09:53 PM)Ruan Wrote: Nah 2.5l will have been over the oil pickup, long as you didn't get it hot and shove it into roundabouts on three wheels, you'll be OK.

Yeah i literally drove it to work twice, topped up on oil today drives lovely now and oil is all good! Smile
Thanks given by: