2001 Hdi estate Fault codes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 Hdi estate Fault codes
Car has been running okish feels down on power but it's the first hdi I have had so don't know the base
Anyway driving home from work early hours this morn and felt slight power drop and engine management light come on Confused had it to a mate is morn and on to pp200 and got the following codes need advice on them

Fault codes

p1521
p0401 maf
Thanks given by:
hi mate,

hope this helps if memory serves me well:

P1521 - Clutch Switch / Sensor
P0401 - EGR / MAF

have you tried unplugging the maf sensor and driving the car to see if it has less/ more / no difference in power?

thanks
Thanks given by:
P1521 is clutch sensor, the clutch peddle probably isn't returning to the top, usually because the self adjuster has jammed or gone to the end of its travel.

Faulty MAF will cause your power issue, but only replace with a genuine VDO unit. The cheap ones go faulty quickly. The EGR valve might also be leaking, best to blank it at the inlet elbow.
Thanks given by:
No haven't done anything with it at min and would be intrested in getting hold of a maf if anyone got a spare they willing to part with cheap and cash is rather tight till 15th :-(
And any ideas what to do to fix the clutch switch location and stuff ?

Cheers for the reply :-)
Thanks given by:
You could put a spacer between the clutch fork and cable end to take up some of the slack.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 74BC135D-D6AF-4A38-8F7C-C90C1613B9EB_zpsjxvgjxoh.jpg]
Is this the clutch switch :-)
Thanks given by:
Could be that or the brake light switch.
Thanks given by:
I think the clutch one is brown, but theyre pretty similar.
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2015, 01:58 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: You could put a spacer between the clutch fork and cable end to take up some of the slack.

Only do this if you know the auto-adjuster is jammed, else it'll self-adjust to the wrong position. I'd have a look at losing the clutch pedal spring and stamp on the pedal a few times to encourage the self-adjuster to sort itself out first.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple HDI ECU error codes allye 16 2,790 29-06-2016, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Fault Codes P0221 & P1521 Alan_M 4 2,278 17-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Fault codes hdi Hec1872 2 992 06-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Hec1872