306 d turbo,car still not running HELP PLZ! 8D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 d turbo,car still not running HELP PLZ! 8D
Hi there my 306 is sadly still not running its been sitting a month now! 8( The car is starting off the key and runs,idles and sounds fine but after 9,10 seconds cuts out.. you can give it throttle during this time (it has full throttle) but as soon as you dip the clutch it dies or after 9,10 seconds.. its had a new battery,fuel lines,hand primer.. the car ran fine before i ran out of fuel now it is doing this.. any help is greatly appreciated guys!
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
Thanks given by:
how much fuel in the tank?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Also check tank strainer. Can block.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I had a simar prob with mine and it was the strainer in the tank
Thanks given by:
Thanks alot for the replys guys.. im sure the strainer was checked by the garage.. he claims he also checked the cut off solenoid on the fuel pump or somethink and also changed fuel lines, he also changed the battery and used the fob on the key to reset the immobiliser or something. Really staring to get down with the car was a good going machine till i stupidly ran it dry of fuel and now it starts and cuts out every 9-10 seconds 8( .... sure to f*ck the mechanics stupid.. he claiming to have worked on the car for hours to no avail!

(31-01-2015, 08:45 PM)welshpug Wrote: how much fuel in the tank?

like £40 quids worth now man

the car also has a lucas fuel pump if this makes any difference
Thanks given by:
Make a simple header tank from a 2l bottle or similar, fill it with clean diesel and feed directly to the pump. That'll show if it's a fuelling issue which it does sound like. If it was stop solenoid it just wouldn't start. What pump are you running?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Air ingress....did you start a thread about this before?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2015, 04:39 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Make a simple header tank from a 2l bottle or similar, fill it with clean diesel and feed directly to the pump. That'll show if it's a fuelling issue which it does sound like. If it was stop solenoid it just wouldn't start. What pump are you running?

lucas fuel pump man

(01-02-2015, 04:41 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Air ingress....did you start a thread about this before?

no i havent looked at that thread but as far as im aware they have bled everything.. the car ran for 7 miles when i got a tow and it started after i ran out of fuel but it ran lumpy as if air was in the system and cut off later.. sure it something small and annoying.

also the car starts and idles fine and has full revs before it cuts dies out.. I thought it would be serious air ingression but it starts and idles wich made me tought it would be something different.. *8(
Thanks given by:
Check the fuel filter housing for leaks, I've had a similar problem before and that's what it was.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
which fuel lines have been changed?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I would check tank restrainer too make sure , i used to run mine low on diesel an it started running like crap , down in power an then started too miss and stall . took it out an cleaned it haven't had bother since Smile . hope you get it sorted chap !
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all your replys guys!! I am no mechanic and the car is sadly enough still at the back of the boys garage 8(.. As the car sits he has bypassed the fuel filter the tank and the pump so hes saying and he saying the problems at the injector end of of the fueling.. he doesnt seem to know whats wrong with it but he says he doesnt think theres anything wrong with the injectors.. the car is starting after like 4,5,6 turns and revs for abit then just cuts out and is seeming to be letting air in still.. running about in an old rusty 1996 a4.. help me i need to look cool again hahahahaha pug power!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running hot and smoky - turbo at fault? juz22 1 974 24-10-2015, 11:47 AM
Last Post: juz22