Brake pipe routing diagram

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake pipe routing diagram
I promise I have searched. 

So, my 306 rallye has rapidly become a project Sad 

I was wondering if anyone had a diagram for the brake pipe routing, or at least a picture of the underside of a 306 rally or gti with a load sensing valve?

I did try and copy from underneath my 306hdi but it is surprisingly sans load sensor!

Also if I was to put brembos on the front does the master cylinder need upgrading?

Alan
Thanks given by:
HDi (and any other ph3) uses the ABS system for electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD) so doesn't need a load valve.

I'm afraid I don't have a picture of one though!
Thanks given by:
hey im just going through the same thing with my Dturbo and managed to find something [attachment=21416] hope it helps
Thanks given by: af1
A GTI (23mmIIRC) master cylinder wil be fine with Brembos Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
i saw a very similar diagram when we where in the dealers some time ago........the parts manager said that the diagrams can be misleading sometimes,  as the diagram suggests a flexi hose right next to the rear disc caliper, which would make sense as the caliper is a slide type......but our 306 estate phs 3 has no flexi right next to the caliper, but relies on the metal pipe length for caliper movement. He says that the diagram may suggest a flexi there but the pug part doesn't have one?

saw the same set up in a pic shown on here ( copper pipe coming from l/h/s rear caliper which seemed to "stick up" quite a lot on the curve from the caliper to the pipe going forward along the swing arm ) ...........from memory no one commented on the sticky uppy pipe or no flexi on that bit............
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2015, 12:37 PM)pug306driver Wrote: i saw a very similar diagram when we where in the dealers some time ago........the parts manager said that the diagrams can be misleading sometimes,  as the diagram suggests a flexi hose right next to the rear disc caliper, which would make sense as the caliper is a slide type......but our 306 estate phs 3 has no flexi right next to the caliper, but relies on the metal pipe length for caliper movement. He says that the diagram may suggest a flexi there but the pug part doesn't have one?

saw the same set up in a pic shown on here ( copper pipe coming from l/h/s rear caliper which seemed to "stick up" quite a lot on the curve from the caliper to the pipe going forward along the swing arm ) ...........from memory no one commented on the sticky uppy pipe or no flexi on that bit............

some beams have two flexis per side (ie on coming straight of the rear caliper), some don't ...
Thanks given by:
cool.....was wondering but all seems ok and no mention when mot'd.
Thanks given by:
Ah you legends! Thanks
Thanks given by:
That diagram is for a car with abs...

The flexi is usually between the beam mount and trailing arm fixing points, ie where it needs to move.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake pipe failure Mighty306 3 1,735 15-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Do I buy? rear brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material pipes Charlie0 3 6,770 18-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Plastic brake pipe clips Mighty306 3 2,161 12-04-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Mighty306