New to the forum but not the cars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the forum but not the cars
Evening all, just thought I would post a quick hello as I joined the club yesterday.
I've just purchased a 2000 (W) moonstone HDI Dturbo, it has 106k and nearly full Peugeot service history. it needs a bit of tidying here and there but the engine and body work are sound.
I've also owned:-
1996 (P) Dturbo S in blue (i've regretted selling that one ever since)
2000 (X) HDI Dturbo in blue
There's something about these that keeps bringing me back to them.

My other car is a Mazda RX8 which I also love and last year I carried out a full engine rebuild along with some subtle mods.
I'm now looking forward to seeing what I can do to the 306.
Cheers
Phil
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome Phil

Hdi daily and rx8 weekendBig Grin ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Welcome!
Get some pics up. Will be good to see the RX8 as well. Always had a soft spot for them!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: daveylennon93
Almost a perfect combination, i can't afford the petrol to use the RX8 as a daily drive (20 mpg on a really good day) but it is brilliant to drive.
Thanks given by:
I like the look at RX-8's but I've never had the chance to go in one, sound good tho! As said, pics or else Smile
Thanks given by:
I like the RX8 it just the fuel consumption that puts me off!
Thanks given by:
My mate had 231 which I used for a week Big Grin

We fitted a toyo YES toyo exhaust which made it sound like a fighter jet and spit flames

also was the easiest thing to drift literally unspinable with traction on 
Thanks given by:
Welcome

As said pics plz
Thanks given by:
Is there a guide somewhere on how to add / link photo's ?
Cheers
Phil
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
I think I've sussed it out, here's a few of the Mazda, I'll post some of the 306 tomorrow

[attachment=21455]

[attachment=21456]

[attachment=21457]

And of course one of the engine

[attachment=21458]

I think the wheels will be getting a respray this year.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Looks epic. Do love a RX8!
Are them seats half leather half alcantara? If so, did they do them in black like that?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
The seat are half leather half alcantera they are from one of the special editions (not original to that car), Mazda only made a black version as Recaro's in the latest version (RX8 R3) and they usually sell for around £1000 if you can find them.
There are many colour combinations available in full leather, Black, Red/black, tan/black, yellow/black, stone, a few others in the special editions and a grey/black in cloth.

The engine red lines at 9k and the fuel cut off is at 10k so plenty of revs and there's no vibration just more noise.
I had some mild ports cut on the engine while i had it out and they add a bit of much needed low down torque (4-5K range) which the engine is really lacking in.

Cheers

Phil
Thanks given by:
Ah ok. I have black and grey cloth ones in my 306 and love them but am partial to a good set of leather and alcantara seats lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Love the rx mate

Driven one and yeah what a car,have to keep reminding myself why I shouldn't buy one lol
Thanks given by: