I has a leaky pillar!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I has a leaky pillar!
Air line will also clear them, just anything to pressurize them its the ends that bung up down the bottom full of mud / shit, once you get it flowing again itl be fine Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Air line will also clear them, just anything to pressurize them its the ends that bung up down the bottom full of mud / shit, once you get it flowing again itl be fine Smile

There are 4 drain holes aren't there.........one in each corner, but yeah, air line is my preferred method of clearing them Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Air line will also clear them, just anything to pressurize them its the ends that bung up down the bottom full of mud / shit, once you get it flowing again itl be fine Smile

i didnt even know there were drain holes :|

always thought rain ran through the groovers of the seels.... so the drains are in each corner, and assuming it's coming from where the wet patch is - the blocked hole is on the same side?

as for sealent - i'll see what i can do!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:i didnt even know there were drain holes :|

always thought rain ran through the groovers of the seels.... so the drains are in each corner, and assuming it's coming from where the wet patch is - the blocked hole is on the same side?

as for sealent - i'll see what i can do!

Open the sun roof and look in the corners of the guttering around it, there is a small hole in each corner to let the water out, if the water can't get out it floods over the top and into the cabin, I would just clear all of them out and be done with it Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Yep always worth a check in the 'roof, do a search on the 106 forum, party sure there are pictures there and its pretty much the same design
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
i have a non-sunroof model and have the same issue....i think mine is where the screen bonding is coming away in the corners - mines both sides. I'm going to smash my screen and get a new one, its got scratches and repairs
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:i have a non-sunroof model and have the same issue....i think mine is where the screen bonding is coming away in the corners - mines both sides. I'm going to smash my screen and get a new one, its got scratches and repairs
Good shout actually. I've got a non sunroof model and I get that patch too.and the corners of my windscreen are f*cked
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
my car doesn't leak Big Grin
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:my car doesn't leak Big Grin

Mine does, but soon exits out the conveniently located hole in the floor Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:
samass Wrote:my car doesn't leak Big Grin

Mine does, but soon exits out the conveniently located hole in the floor Wink

Which with you being a farmer clearly has to have been made using a rifle Jeremy Clarkson style......... lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I also need to do this.. But mine is on the drivers side... I now have a very wet arse from the rain last night... The car tricked me this morning... I thought, dry seat, moved and this gush of water come out Sad
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry... where the hell am i finding this drain :|??
Thanks given by:
Ginge open your sunroof...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:Sorry... where the hell am i finding this drain :|??

Open the sunroof then stick you head through it and look back down. there is a hole in each corner of the tray thing below the sunroof Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:Sorry... where the hell am i finding this drain :|??
Run your hand down your backside until you feel some "cheeks" part them and it will be in there somewhere
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Ginge open your sunroof...

i cant, you told me to superglue it :ugeek:
Thanks given by:
Ok, so i've blastedd it through, and it drains fine :| i'll have a look at the ariel
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Connor Wrote:Ginge open your sunroof...

i cant, you told me to superglue it :ugeek:

The glass you twat
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ok, so it seems as though i still have a leak - i took the pillar off, and the leak is coming from before the pillar as the inside and pipes within the pillar are stone dry.

It's not the aerial, that's siliconed up on the inside

I sprayed WD40 down the drains in the sunroof, they drained to the wheel arch fine

i spoke to my friend, he runs a 106gti and mentioned a factory fault on the 106's with a screw in the dash which pierces the lower drain pipe? anyone recognice this fault or point me in the direction?
Thanks given by:
Well I have just stripped all my headlong out today and my aerial area is completely rusted. I have had to be careful tightening the new aerial seal and base on as I would have just caused a massive hole! I will upload a photo later. So while I was there I stripped all the lining out, and the rear drivers drain tube was blocked and I reckon this is why the rear of my car is so wet Sad
Thanks given by:
I managed to get the pillar off, but how can i access the drain pre-pillar. i need to remove the headlining? how do i do this?
Thanks given by:
My bloody pug has sprung a leak from the aerial lol...typical lmao
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:I managed to get the pillar off, but how can i access the drain pre-pillar. i need to remove the headlining? how do i do this?

anyone?
Thanks given by:
You remove the sun visors and handle grips. and then its tucked behind the A,B and C pillars and just remove, 5 minute job Big Grin I quite like mine without it in now ninja
Thanks given by:
you mean leave the headlinging out!? :|
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:you mean leave the headlinging out!? :|

Its my personal opinion. But I am leaving mine out for a while to find anymore leaks Smile
Thanks given by:
Which I have done, the back drain the drivers side is blocked, as cause I dont have the roof lining it, has dripped onto the rear seat.. Now I know where my problem is. Gonna try a coat hanger down the drain if not, I am going to get some pipe the same diameter as the drain tube and blast an airline through them all Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  another leaky sunroof Doseph 3 2,032 19-11-2017, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Doseph
  'A' pillar pod Magenta Sunset 2 1,268 30-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  C pillar trim blaze_the_6 2 908 20-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Last Post: blaze_the_6