Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I has a leaky pillar!
Any help on this please?!

Symptoms:
-wet floor
-wet patch

What there is NOT
-a break in any seal (door/windscreen/sunroof)
-a hole in the roof at all

Also, when i turn right, the water come's out of the IR receiver and attacks me!!

Here's a piccy!

[Image: WM8IG.jpg]

how do i take the pillar out, just pull as usual?

also got a video of me getting angry as i got a drip slapped on my face!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Could well be the drain holes in the corner of the sunroof.. my old saxo used to do.. net curtain wire down the hole and a water squirter thingy lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
airel???
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do what sorry?? Put more water down there?? Or you sayi it's blocked?

And nope, Aries is tight
Thanks given by:
it will be the aerial mate my old phase 1 used to do it pop ir reciever off and use some selant on itSmile

Thanks given by:
Hm this would be a good idea if shitty Connor didn't tell me to superglue it down!!!!!!!!!'
Thanks given by:
sikaflex the aerial from underneath?
Thanks given by:
Wait, its suerglued on?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
It'll the aerial most likely mate Wink
Thanks given by:
Alrighty then - i'll try and get it off - the underside (IR receiver) is superglued, as apparently thats how the WEST role Doh
Thanks given by:
Definitely ariel
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You dont need to take the ir receiver out? just pop the light out and remove the two screws
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Definitely ariel

and if it isn't?? you owe me 1 millllion dolllars
[Image: 16023682.medium160.jpg?1]
Thanks given by:
Daniel306 Wrote:You dont need to take the ir receiver out? just pop the light out and remove the two screws

ah ok, flat screwdriver, pop it and the rest is simple?? shweeet!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Definitely ariel

and if it isn't?? you owe me 1 millllion dolllars
[Image: 16023682.medium160.jpg?1]

And if it isn't, it's not my car so not my problem :mrgreen:

But a new aerial base. There less than a tender and the rubber on the bottom wouldn't of dried up and stopped sealing...job done!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Have a load of silicone sealent in the shed - i'll reseal it on the outside and inside, small amount of clear sealent will do the jobby!
Thanks given by:
Dont seal it on the outside it will look s*** just seal it well from the inside Smile

Thanks given by:
R45_ODV Wrote:Dont seal it on the outside it will look s*** just seal it well from the inside Smile

not even e tooth pick amount?! Big Grin

but ok..
Thanks given by:
Nope not even a lil tiny bit. If u seal it well from the inside it will stop it Smile

Thanks given by:
If you use a little bit of silicone on the outside then it won't spread out of the base and you won't even see it, if you seal from the inside you won't stop the water getting in, just stop it from getting further than the silicone, but the water will cause it to rust from around the hole
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't be so pikey and buy a new base from eBay for £6! lol
Thanks given by:
weld the fucker up, who needs a radio anyway? lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I removed my mine. Smoothed roof. And still I have wet where you do. But no more as its sunroof drain pipe in that corner.
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:If you use a little bit of silicone on the outside then it won't spread out of the base and you won't even see it, if you seal from the inside you won't stop the water getting in, just stop it from getting further than the silicone, but the water will cause it to rust from around the hole

Why do I seem to agree with Connor again lol

He's right though, just sealing it from inside is a silly idea, I bet its not coming from there though sealing it properly can't do any harm IMO
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
If you unbolt the aerial and run some sealent around the base then yes. You may aswell fit a new base then tho. but personaly i wouldnt just seal around the out side of it as it will look gash :/ as said above aswell check sunroof drainage as could also be this Smile

Thanks given by:
R45_ODV Wrote:If you unbolt the aerial and run some sealent around the base then yes. You may aswell fit a new base then tho. but personaly i wouldnt just seal around the out side of it as it will look gash :/ as said above aswell check sunroof drainage as could also be this Smile

By "seal outside" I don't mean to just run a bead of silicone around the outer edge of the aerial base like you seem to be implying lmao as already said by Connor, if you remove the base and put a bead of silicone underneath and refit you won't see it so it can't look "gash" really can it.............it will look the same as before, just won't let water in anymore if done right Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Have you cleared the drain pipes....all of my cars have always done this, and its ALWAYS the drain pipes that cause it....

The sunroof is MEANT to leak, thats what the drain pipes are for, soon as they block it overflows and fills the center console in the roof up. Just shove a hose down them and you shud clear it / should piss out in the rear wings...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
From the impresion i got the op was going to seal around the outside hence why i said not to :/

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Have you cleared the drain pipes....all of my cars have always done this, and its ALWAYS the drain pipes that cause it....

The sunroof is MEANT to leak, thats what the drain pipes are for, soon as they block it overflows and fills the center console in the roof up. Just shove a hose down them and you shud clear it / should piss out in the rear wings...

^^ this, stiff wire is also good for clearing them if you don't fancy using a hose to clear them Wink

R45_ODV Wrote:From the impresion i got the op was going to seal around the outside hence why i said not to :/

Nah even Ginge isn't that bad mate lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
R45_ODV Wrote:From the impresion i got the op was going to seal around the outside hence why i said not to :/

Nah even Ginge isn't that bad mate lol[/quote]

Rofl Smile

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  another leaky sunroof Doseph 3 2,038 19-11-2017, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Doseph
  'A' pillar pod Magenta Sunset 2 1,275 30-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  C pillar trim blaze_the_6 2 911 20-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Last Post: blaze_the_6