the flange on my cat has corroded away, any ideas on what to do ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the flange on my cat has corroded away, any ideas on what to do ??
In need to fit my straight pipe but the flange on the cat has corroded off any ideas on what to do ?
Thanks given by:
Weld it back on...
Thanks given by:
Weld the mid box to the cat ?
Thanks given by:
No, weld the flange back on to the cat. Or buy another cat.
Thanks given by:
cut the mid-section with a slit and use a u bolt clamp im guessing the pipe still slides on the CAT but the flange is missing

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
And how do you propose welding rusted metal tom?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
With a lot of weld.... I've seen some of the bodges people do on 306 exhausts. Tongue
Thanks given by:
er.... got a picture of this? If the flange has snapped you can probably sleeve it over but the dimension of the cat wont be right... youll knacker the centre pipe and the exhaust will sit back too far.
Thanks given by:
Tom is right, just weld it back together and build up the thickness with some good beads, I did this to my cat as its an o.e item and its hard to get replacements for decent prices.

if its really rotten you can buy flanges on ebay that have 3-4" of pipe attached that you could weld to the cat after chopping the remains of the original outlet pipe off.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yeh its all corroded away I undid the clip on the clamp and half of the flange caved-in , Iv got a gti6 decat but thats to short, could I use the flange on this ?
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2015, 08:13 PM)welshpug Wrote: Tom is right, just weld it back together and build up the thickness with some good beads, I did this to my cat as its an o.e item and its hard to get replacements for decent prices.

if its really rotten you can buy flanges on ebay that have 3-4" of pipe attached that you could weld to the cat after chopping the remains of the original outlet pipe off.

I've got the same problem, I've got about 3/4 of a flange and it gets sealed with exhaust paste but it inevitably begins blowing and losing me midrange and making a lot of rasp right underneath me after a while.

If you're not sure what to do yourself I'm sure if you took it to an exhaust fabricators they could cut most of the outlet pipe off and weld a new one on and make a flange for you. It shouldn't really be particularly expensive either. I plan on doing this as I don't have a welder, but it's the faff of taking there that I've been putting off rather than cost. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
yeh just take it to an exhaust place... they wil have dealt with crap like this before.
Thanks given by:
Yeh I think Im gona do that should be cheaper than a new one
Thanks given by: