2014 Corsa 1.3 CDTI 75 kept up with my Stage 1 HDI!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Corsa 1.3 CDTI 75 kept up with my Stage 1 HDI!?
How is this possible? Do these remap well or something? Was in 3rd at 40 at peak boost and went to nail it and he kept up with me, and my car is running pretty well at the moment
Thanks given by:
Somethings wrong with yours imo.

Those 1.3s are ok, but pretty flat!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thats what I thought, no binding rear brakes as I had a new calliper put on the rear recently, and its been going really well for a Stage 1 ever since :/ 
Thanks given by:
Bad driver blames his tools. Wink

Those 1.3s used to be 90bhp, are you sure its only 75 now?
Thanks given by:
Never knew they did a 90 version Tom??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Granny shifting not double clutching like you should?
Thanks given by:
Yep, they're more powerful than the 1.7 CDTi! I don't know about the newest shape Corsa though, they might've dropped some power for the emmisions regs.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/fa...006/34996/

Edit - Just checked, brand new ones are either 75bhp or 95bhp.... Apparently the 95 does 83mpg as well, I hope that's a typo. lol

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/fa...014/66158/
Thanks given by:
Whats to say he didnt have a remap on it? In all fairness they weigh f*ck all and i bet a remap would have it on the right side of 100bhp?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It was a 75bhp one, guess its been mapped to keep up with mine as theres nothing really wrong with mine, says 73bhp one on mycarcheck, strange and annoying, was from 40-70 in 3rd so didnt need to change any gears
Thanks given by:
Are you sure it wasnt an evo? I know an evo wont beat a gti6... but it might just have the edge on a stage 1 hdi...
Thanks given by:
Don't see why its annoying tbh...there are lots of cars faster than a S1 HDi lol!

Looks like the 75s map up to about 95bhp, its a smaller car, and its not lugging around an extra 0.7 litres of engine unnecessarily, much better power to weight... Probably has a VNT turbo for more efficient boost and torque curve as well...
Thanks given by:
Theres 30 bhp difference and a chunk less torque though Tom, they may be slightly lighter but not anywhere near enough to make up the difference
Thanks given by:
power to ratio I think with this one, plus new engine tech too.
Thanks given by:
Power to weight really isn't the only factor. Power isn't really relevant for this, its torque that matters here, and your torque hasn't hit max until about 3k iirc...in the Corsa it'll hit max torque well before 2k so will obviously pull away while you're still waiting for boost! VNTs make diesels so much more driveable. Plus, how much more torque on a S1 HDi? Probably not much in it...
Thanks given by:
Who cares? He was driving a wanky Corsa and you have a 306. Ergo, you won.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Well said Liam!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sure I saw a stage 1 dyno which showed peak torque at 2.2k revs, although power and torque to weight and what you said Tom are the main factors, I suppose my HDI cost me £500 vs nearer 15K for a LE Corsa
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 05:45 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Power to weight really isn't the only factor.   Power isn't really relevant for this, its torque that matters here, and your torque hasn't hit max until about 3k iirc...in the Corsa it'll hit max torque well before 2k so will obviously pull away while you're still waiting for boost!  VNTs make diesels so much more driveable.  Plus, how much more torque on a S1 HDi?  Probably not much in it...

that's why I said new engine tech, it might have the same amount of torque as the HDI stage 1, also gearbox ratio plays a good part too.
Thanks given by:
Oh wait, was it a limited edition Corsa? They iz well fast mate trust.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
If you're worried about beating other cars, get the Rallye OTR. Wink Though then you'd probably moan about getting beaten by a 1.6 Corsa with a silly VXR badge... Big Grin

(25-01-2015, 05:50 PM)procta Wrote:
(25-01-2015, 05:45 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Power to weight really isn't the only factor.   Power isn't really relevant for this, its torque that matters here, and your torque hasn't hit max until about 3k iirc...in the Corsa it'll hit max torque well before 2k so will obviously pull away while you're still waiting for boost!  VNTs make diesels so much more driveable.  Plus, how much more torque on a S1 HDi?  Probably not much in it...

that's why I said new engine tech, it might have the same amount of torque as the HDI stage 1, also gearbox ratio plays a good part too.

Yeah I was replying to Matt but you got in first lol.

Newer engine tech is something that does interest me tbh, still finding out little things about the DV6 that make it lighter or more efficient lol.
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 05:48 PM)MY95 Wrote: Sure I saw a stage 1 dyno which showed peak torque at 2.2k revs, although power and torque to weight and what you said Tom are the main factors, I suppose my HDI cost me £500 vs nearer 15K for a LE Corsa

I think he would have got a bit of a surprise, that you still had the run on him, due to the fact the age of ours cars, Old vs New. 
I bet he would have been thinking he would have had the run on you really.

tom I think its all ecu trickery now,
Thanks given by:
1103 kg, not that light.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 05:56 PM)procta Wrote: [quote pid='509106' dateline='1422208135']

[/quote]

Nah, theres loads of physical things as well, some really simple! 

Edit - Hmm, this WYSIWYG quote system is difficult to cut! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 06:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

[/quote]

be that aswell,  most of the new engines and cars all run turbos now anyway if I am right.
Thanks given by:

[/quote]

You can turn that off in your user CP Wink

Just accept it, your old french tin got done by a vauxhall. Christ id be so embarrassed about that Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 06:17 PM)procta Wrote: be that aswell,  most of the new engines and cars all run turbos now anyway if I am right.

Yep, save weight and retain performance by keeping the engine small and fitting a new tech turbo!

(25-01-2015, 06:31 PM)Niall Wrote: You can turn that off in your user CP Wink

Done! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 06:31 PM)Niall Wrote:

You can turn that off in your user CP Wink

Just accept it, your old french tin got done by a vauxhall. Christ id be so embarrassed about that Wink
[/quote]

or you could say corsa diesel.
Thanks given by:
Those little Corsa's are actually rather nice. Well screwed together, nice airy cabin, comfortable and filled with gadgets. They handle well (albeit they have the same featherweight wanky steering yyou get on all modern cars) and the brakes are fantastic too (if a little over-assisted).

The main letdown in all of them (for me) has been the engine and gearbox. Namely,  the 1.2. This engine is a dinosaur and I'm surprised something so modern could be fitted with something so shite. But hey, it must be economical right? Wrong! f*cking mid-30s MPG!

So, I can imagine that given the right engine (ie.VXR) they are probably fantastic.

They all look shit from the outside however especially those with the "trying really hard bodykit and wel yooneek black rimz"
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
How much are we talking about being beaten by? Actually you only said kept up with. one of my old cabbys would "keep up with" foobys GTi6. It certainly wasn't faster but real world the 30bhp makes very little difference, remember you need 33% more power to be 10% faster.

There is potential that his gear ratios might of been better for that specific bout of acceleration, he might of done a gear change, he could have a remap on it, his car is potentially 50kg lighter and most corsa owners are about 7 stone wet through so could add another 50kg to the weight difference and all that shit.
Thanks given by:
If it helps, when my HDi was stage 1, it had no issue keeping ahead of the 1.7 130 CDTi.. (wasn't by much, but pulled slightly)
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  R.I.P Alex (cadbury's corsa) DazzaHDI 20 5,459 30-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Alex
  XUD / HDI / CDTI ? rocker8742 57 19,392 18-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Arron
Question Astra 1.7 cdti help londondan86 13 6,141 25-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Last Post: stevieg