stretch aux belt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stretch aux belt
I think i need a new aux belt tensioner as ive got some noise coming from the aux belt and ive heard you can get stretch belt that doesn't need tensioners is this true and has anyone ever used one
Thanks given by:
Never heard of that myself, IMO you'd be better off replacing the tensioner and using a proper belt. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thats what i thought but if i got a recommendation off someone off here id give it a go they are called gates micro v stretch belts
Thanks given by:
Yes you can get stretch belts, but you need a pulley set up that doesn't include a tensioner. They're also a 1 use thing, so you stretch it to fit it on and thats it, if you take it off you need to fit a new one
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Still think I'd rather a normal one! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So you dont just remove the old tensioner and run the belt then?
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing the stretch belt wont like the rubber damped pulley

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
It takes literally 10 minutes to change the pulley and belt for a normal one! Jacking and removing the splash gaurds takes longer, but you've gotta do that either way...
Thanks given by:
If you removed both the tensioners the belt wouldn't be able to take the correct route anyway, you would need a different length and it probably wouldn't have enough wrap around the alternator or power steering pump to actually provide useful drive. This is assuming you don't have aircon, as it wouldn't work at all if you've got all three drive pulleys in place. Bear in mind it also means a new belt every time you disturb it - no whipping the belt off to check for play in bearings. Finally, they're a bastard to fit compared to the standard one, so i'm struggling to see why you'd want to tbh.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ive got air con not that it works tho!!! Sounds like its more hassle than its worth ill just replace the tensioners and belt
Thanks given by: