Quaife diff or similar wanted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quaife diff or similar wanted
£595 inc vat and shipping, only to members on here.

Would be delivered next working day in the UK. You'll need bearings Smile
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
I've got NTN/SNR bearings waiting for the diff Adam.

can you get away with fitting these without taking the box out? E.g drop the subframe and just remove the diff casing?
Or would it be a ball ache to line up the bearings?

Also would that carry lifetime warrenty?
Thanks given by:
Did mine out of the car - it doesn't take that long to remove the gearbox anyway.

I'm not sure but I'll find out
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Nah wouldn't take me long on a ramp mate just as I've got roller bearing wishbones new balljoints Track rod ends and drop links to go on at the same time was thinking drop the subframe instead and change that lot same time.

I'll just take the box out. Give me an excuse to paint it then as well
Thanks given by:
Any more info on warranty Adam? Part numbers QDF3H isn't it?

If all lifetime warranty covered I'll PM you for contact details and ring up Monday get it ordered Big Grin
Thanks given by:
It's whatever quaife specify - I will order what I had for mine, can't remember the number off-hand. Looks correct though.

Please email me Adam at litchfieldmotors.com and we can go from there.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
is this available on the plated quaife diff aswell?
Thanks given by:
If you can find me a part number I can ask on Monday
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Plated quaife diff? Thought they only made ATB's?

Adam I'll drop you an email tomorrow or Monday cheers.
Thanks given by:
Yes it's called a tran-x plated diff made by quaife.
Thanks given by:
Didn't realise quaife made Tran-x.... You learn something new every day lol I've heard good things about them.
Thanks given by:
They bought them a few years ago, personally I won't be fitting other than a plate diff. I know a few friends that have had atbs then swapped the for plated versions.
Thanks given by:
Not sure with the tran x ones but most require adjustment and pre load setting and different gear oil which pug boxes don't massively care for.

Mines mostly for road use odd hillclimb and brand hatch session occasionally so don't see the point of getting a plate.

But the ATB ones do seem to hold their value so if I found it not to my taste I would try a plate.
Thanks given by:
Can see how a plate would work better on a high power car, the atb I've got works perfectly for what I need Smile
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
I'm running 260-270bhp but only a bit over 200ftlb torque but still plenty to spin up Michelin PS3's in most gears lol. Plan to go high boost for 350-400bhp but the torque still isn't massive and it's smooth delivery unlike a turbo so I think the ATB should be ok for me.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2015, 05:05 PM)ArmzSC6 Wrote: Not sure with the tran x ones but most require adjustment and pre load setting and different gear oil which pug boxes don't massively care for.

Mines mostly for road use odd hillclimb and brand hatch session occasionally so don't see the point of getting a plate.

But the ATB ones do seem to hold their value so if I found it not to my taste I would try a plate.

Plate LSDs require the pre-load setting once before you fit them, if you buy new/direct from manufacturer they will set it for you, it's very easy though. Ramp angles depend on what you use the car for, again if you're buying new they'll guide you. I like 45/45 but a lot of folk are going for less locking on deceleration of late, whatever floats your boat....
They do not require different gear oil, standard oil is fine, some people add a friction modifier to quieten them down during low speed manoeuvres. 

Quaifes are an ok upgrade for a road car and it believe they have a higher torque rating than a standard diff. it sees competition or circuit use I wouldn't even consider one, this is all opinion however I have experience of all the diffs in various cars.

Not sure I'd go for a quaiffe/tran-x plated LSD, not even sure they've done any yet?! For a plated LSD I'd look towards gripper, 3j or kazz
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanted: LSD/Limited slip diff for BE gearbox Piggy 0 734 30-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Wanted: Quaife ATB QDF3H cully 4 1,295 29-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Last Post: adam b
  Wanted: Gauge holder in vents or similar :) Lwilliams 4 1,223 18-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Eeyore