Tail Light Fuse & Dim Dip Relay

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tail Light Fuse & Dim Dip Relay
My right rear tail light isn't working. Today I replaced the bulb and no joy so I'm thinking it is probably a blown fuse. However it is just on the right side and the indicator on that side is working.

Which fuse on a ph.1 is for this light? Is it in the fuse box under the dash on the driver's side?

Secondly, does anyone know which relay controls the dim dip function on the ph.1? (dipped beams stay on slightly and assist sidelights) I'd like to remove it and just have the sidelight bulbs illuminated.

Thank you.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Right, had a look and I can't figure out what the problem is. I've cleaned the plugs and swapped bulbs over and cleaned the terminals that connect to the bulbs and none of them were particularly corroded.

If you unplug either connector from the driver's side light the left side goes out as well. The wiring for the left side goes through the right hand side light it seems as there are wires coming into the right hand side and then another set of wires from the RHS light directly to the LHS light.

I doubt it is a fuse as it is just for one side, but is there a fuse associated with just tail lights?

I haven't removed the c-pillar trim to check the earth yet. If I did want to make another earth, would I just splice into the green wires on both plugs and earth them each?

Possibly the bulb holder is just faulty? It is mostly metal and I wonder whether there is a mechanic break in it somewhere that I cannot see or perhaps corrosion somewhere I can't identify.

Really not sure what's going on as it's just stopped working all of a sudden. A bit worried about getting in trouble for it.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
i suspect its the lamp carriers corroded either on the plug terminals or where the lamp plugs into the base

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I did try cleaning them all up but no joy.
I'll try replacing the whole assembly.

Thanks.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery warning light/fuse keeps blowing.HELP Clump1298 8 1,763 03-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  boot light fuse paul7278 1 1,067 03-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Last Post: markspend01
  Brake/tail light bulbs WiNgNuTz 1 1,165 28-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz