WIW: Diablo HDi Meridian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIW: Diablo HDi Meridian
Evening all,

So, looking at selling up and moving on when I find what I'm looking for, so pondering if it's actually worth even selling mine now, given that they seem to fetch so little now!

It's an HDi Meridian on about 124000 miles. Looked after by me, regular services with expensive oil and OEM filters. Working, cold, Air Con. Remapped by ProSteve, dyno proven 120bhp, proven 73MPG (but y'all can't touch my eco-skills, yo).

Currently lowered 40mm on Apex shocks and springs, with GTi6 rear beam and front ARB. Sits on 405 Mi16 alloys, has a black roof, black masks, Kenwood head unit, Fli Comp 6 speakers in the front doors, Citroen ZX steering wheel, full longlife, lifetime guaranteed stainless turbo back exhaust (cost £300, still have guarantee paperwork). Also other stuff, probably.

There are a couple jobs that need doing. There are a couple of creaks and groans from the front suspension, probably needs bushes. Due a service in 2K miles. Airbag ECU needs replacing, currently switched off, got the part with correct part numbers, just never bothered changing it tbh.

Some pictures, don't have any particularly recent ones, but the wheels have just changed colour to grey, the rest is the same:

[Image: IMG_20140817_111944811_HDR_zpscbez9she.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140817_110050574_HDR_zpsxbrge4zz.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0284_zpsbiqainwo.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1437_zpsea692cd8.jpg]

Ideally I'd just sell as is, but also interested in values if I were to (A) Service it, and sort out the little jobs that need doing and/or (B) Return it to standard, and do swaps for standard parts plus cash my way.

Oh and it has Tax until September (Y-reg, so cheaper tax, was £140 last year), and MOT until April-ish.

Cheers 'n gone
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
It wont have tax for the new owner under the new regs btw.

They just aren't worth much tbh, people don't give a shit about servicing on them so really wouldn't bother although you can always offer to do it after deposit is left.

IMO its about £900 as is but struggle for a buyer (unless someone on here wants it) or £900 as standard, easier sale and parts to sell...
Thanks given by:
Have PM'ed you chap.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Looks really nice,love the zx wheel.

Got to worth a a good 650-700 in its current state
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Honestly, if that's all it's worth I might just keep it, return it to standard over then summer and then run it as a winter hack. Or just store it, just seems a bit pointless getting rid of such a good car for so little. It's not going to depreciate any more, so I've nothing to lose by keeping it.
Thanks given by:
Definitely breaking back to standard would make you the most money back but probably the most ball ache.

But then again a car worth what someone's willing to pay so you never now.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Selling it as standard is your best bet i guess, should get around £600-£700 and whatever extra money you make selling the mods
Thanks given by:
I guess that's what I'll do, I need to make at least £800 from it, otherwise the depreciation has been £1000 in 6 years Undecided
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2015, 08:13 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: otherwise the depreciation has been £1000 in 6 years Undecided

Is that it? Thats really good going to be honest.
Thanks given by:
Agreed! Not even £200 a year in depreciation and you think that's bad? I hope you never buy a new car, lose that much driving it off the forecourt! lol

Just for comparison, my Foc with over £2000 of options and just 50,000 miles has depreciated about £15k in 7 years. lol
Thanks given by:
Obviously you can't compare with a new car as that's the same with any product going from new to used, why buy a used car for 90% of the price of a new one? And anyway, as a percentage, losing more than half its value in 6 years seems pretty bad!
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2015, 08:13 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I guess that's what I'll do, I need to make at least £800 from it, otherwise the depreciation has been £1000 in 6 years Undecided

As said, £1000 in 6 years is pretty good. 

I would personally fix all the issues then sell with 12 months mot. Try selling it as it is first with mods, if no interest then sell it as a standard car which pretty much guarantees £500-£600 if there are no issues.

I could've got more than £600 for mine but i needed it gone asap and sold it within 5 days of advertising. The guy was shocked at how clean it was, wouldn't stop smiling as he checked it over and didn't even try and haggle

Edit: the previous owner of my celica paid £3500 for it 8 years ago and sold it for £1000 which is pretty much what the mods alone cost him. Modded cars will very rarely see you make your money back if you want to sell it non standard
Thanks given by:
Honestly, its really not that bad, most people lose a LOT more than that on used cars, especially anyone that runs them until they die like my Dad does. You bought it at 9 years old right? Look at the 9 year old high spec diesels around now, guarantee they'll lose a lot more in monetary value over the next 6 years than a grand!

I expect to lose more than a grand in 3 years on the Focus, if I was keeping it 6 years I'd expect to lose something like 3k... You just have to consider it when buying and add it onto the running costs. Id rather lose in comfort and refinement than lose half as much driving something I hate.
Thanks given by:
Also, you've saved £600 by having a Y reg with cheaper tax
Thanks given by:
Id take the exhaust from it if you split.. pm me if you do
Thanks given by:
Scene cars are an exception..

e30's
200SX's
205GTi's
etc etc

Are all going up in value.. Obviously a 5 door diesel hatchback isn't ever going to compare. Sad
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I've thought about this and to be fair, it's been a f*cking brilliant car. It's cost me so little in repairs and maintenance, it's only broken down once ever (exhaust snapping, hence the stainless). The only non-serviceable item I've had to replace was the aux pulley. They're brilliant cars, but with petrol so cheap I'm keen to try something a little more potent out before its too late. I can't imagine petrol will be this cheap again in a hurry.

So now I just need to find a face lifted saab 9-5 aero estate, manual, preferably with heated rear seats and upgraded audio...thankfully I'm in no great hurry!

Oh and the good thing about returning it to standard is I can just do swaps with people, I. E. we meet up, take parts off both cars, swap them over and a little cash my way, jobs a good'un!
Thanks given by:
Yeah 1k plus fuel and small repairs is dirt cheap for 6 years of motoring.
Looks like a nice car!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2001 306 HDi 5 door Meridian diablo af1 2 2,000 12-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Last Post: PocketFighter
  FOR SALE: 1.8 diablo meridian CheekyMoo 25 7,820 15-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Last Post: CheekyMoo